Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we go down will it be self inflicted ?

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
As we are now with still plenty of points to play for if we slip through the net ,will it be because of to much tinkering for example score a goal then you do not start next game ,players out of position just trying to be too clever etc to try and out think the opposition .If we get relegated it will be worse IMO if it could have been avoided .If we are just not good enough that`s fair enough there is no easy games, personally i think we have to have our best available team for every game now.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
X-EECBREXIT.jpg

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019

First time i have started a post ,i have enjoyed Albion getting more of the ball this season rather then parking the bus especially away games from last season ,but if we are playing Reading next season its going to gripe a bit more if it seemed like we kept chopping and changing for no good reason . Hopefully we will get a another striker before the window closes .

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
For me it looks like the other managers have got the measure of Potter now. Allowing us large spells of possession where we do little more than tire ourselves out. While I too have been enjoying the style of football more this season, we have to know when to dig in, use a target man and pick up some ugly points. We are far too predictable, generous in defence and offer little goal threat for the amount of possession we're afforded.
Wasn't it Einstein who said: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
It is a worry that coming up to the end of January, Potter doesn't appear to know his best eleven. But I'm more worried about the lack of pressing, defensive positioning and seemingly low levels of passion and drive to get stuck in. (With a couple of exceptions.)
The next couple of months worry me, with or without a new striker. Survival? As it stands, flick a coin on it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As we are now with still plenty of points to play for if we slip through the net ,will it be because of to much tinkering for example score a goal then you do not start next game ,players out of position just trying to be too clever etc to try and out think the opposition .If we get relegated it will be worse IMO if it could have been avoided .If we are just not good enough that`s fair enough there is no easy games, personally i think we have to have our best available team for every game now.

Hmm. Low post count, recently joined, painfully dull post.
I smell Palace infiltrator!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You punctuate like Alfredmizen and Fredbinney and Bushy. Are you, by any chanced, related? ???

el punal

Jesus. What's with all these threads about going down? Hope the players are all a bit more positive.

I agree, it’s all getting a bit tedious now. FFS! We’re in the middle of a football season and yet some on here reckon we’re already relegated. Not only that but it’s the same old regurgitated threads every time we lose or have a less than conspicuous performance. :shrug:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Jesus. What's with all these threads about going down? Hope the players are all a bit more positive.

They’re started by palace fans

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree, it’s all getting a bit tedious now. FFS! We’re in the middle of a football season and yet some on here reckon we’re already relegated. Not only that but it’s the same old regurgitated threads every time we lose or have a less than conspicuous performance. :shrug:
The problem as I see it is that on current form I cannot see 3 teams worse than us, so there is only one outcome.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If we go down will it be self inflicted ?

No not self inflicted. It will be the sides that have beaten us that will have caused us to go down.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Don't be so ridiculous, we were already relegated when Brownhill scored against us in 2017 :mad:

el punal

The problem as I see it is that on current form I cannot see 3 teams worse than us, so there is only one outcome.

Current form! Current form can change in a heartbeat. Did you have the same opinion when we beat Bournemouth convincingly 2-0 at home followed a worthy 1-1 draw against Chelsea, both occurred in the last few weeks. I await to see your “only one outcome” come the beginning of May.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Current form! Current form can change in a heartbeat. Did you have the same opinion when we beat Bournemouth convincingly 2-0 at home followed a worthy 1-1 draw against Chelsea, both occurred in the last few weeks. I await to see your “only one outcome” come the beginning of May.

Unless there is a big change of attitude from the players and GP and we can muster 4 points from our next 2 games the outlook will be grim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here