Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Erm.....first game either Shrewsbury or Tranmere. Either 1968-69 or 69-70. I think it was one of the Napiers?
I don't remember what happened this morning so doubtful my recall is entirely accurate:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I went to the Aldershot game and the replay; we won 2-0 I think and got a home tie in the next round against Chelsea. Eric Whitington scored one of them....

3-1 in the replay.
https://www.11v11.com/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Aldershot/
Bloody crowded at the Recreation Ground that day (and bloody cold!) Had my football kit in a duffle bag on my back (imagine that at the Amex!) and remember leaving at the end of the match - at one stage I was able to lift both feet off the ground at once and still progress slowly down the stairway!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Bradford away late 80's (Simod cup I believe ) Garry Nelson. I think Paul Jewell scored for them we lost .There were only about 50 Albion fans there. I was in the City end with my school chum who was a City fan

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
your right about Grumitt

evening games were special at the old place

Derby,Ipswich,Massive & Palace

one I do remember was Shrewsbury 2 down at half time
but fought back to draw 2-2

Yes all of this.

I still think Grummitt has been our best goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In a glimpse of things to come, my first Albion goal was an own goal. The first Albion player that I saw score was Jim Oliver

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Too young to remember as was on my dad's shoulders. My first goal memory and my first goal hero, Charlie Livesey at The Goldstone. A piledriver from the edge of the penalty area towards little me in the North Stand.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Maybe someone can help me!

The first Albion goal scored whilst I was alive happened on the 21st August, 1993, vs Hartlepool United. Can’t find the goal scorer online.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
3-1 in the replay.
https://www.11v11.com/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Aldershot/
Bloody crowded at the Recreation Ground that day (and bloody cold!) Had my football kit in a duffle bag on my back (imagine that at the Amex!) and remember leaving at the end of the match - at one stage I was able to lift both feet off the ground at once and still progress slowly down the stairway!

You're right....it was 3-1! On January 28th 1967 the Recreation Ground pitch (the 0-0 match) was a quagmire and Napier came closest to breaking the deadlock but the ball stuck in the mud! I remember Albion supporters chanting 'Aldershit!' as we walked into stadium.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're right....it was 3-1! On January 28th 1967 the Recreation Ground pitch (the 0-0 match) was a quagmire and Napier came closest to breaking the deadlock but the ball stuck in the mud! I remember Albion supporters chanting 'Aldershit!' as we walked into stadium.....

On 28th. January 1967 pretty much every pitch was a quagmire! And had been for most Januarys before that (unless frozen hard, of course).

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
On 28th. January 1967 pretty much every pitch was a quagmire! And had been for most Januarys before that (unless frozen hard, of course).

True... and it was a great leveller against the more skilful teams

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
inspired by AmexRuislip's new avatar

and let's face it a very slow Albion weekend

obviously this might not be your 1st Albion game
maybe your 1st game was on one of those rare occasions we didn't score :lol:

just checked mine

Sully against Notts County Sept 1971

quite pleased with that