Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who Scored Your 1st Albion Goal?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There were three players I remember who I really wanted to do well but hardly ever saw... Fell, Towner and another. Who was the other... anyone remember?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Peter Taylor was the manager, he did a great job in restoring our fortunes, some lovely signings plus the local lads, laying the groundwork for Mullery. Grummitt was a truly great goalie, the best in our history. Chatting to older Albion fans over the years, they told me about incredible Grummitt saves homes and way.

Yep, instantly hooked for life.

Did you love the evening KO’s under lights with 30,000+ gates, (plus all the others Bamber didn’t put through the books). I found those special evenings magical as a kid.

your right about Grumitt

evening games were special at the old place

Derby,Ipswich,Massive & Palace

one I do remember was Shrewsbury 2 down at half time
but fought back to draw 2-2

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Blimey - bet there can't be many who have that as their first Albion goal.

I would have been 8 or 9 years old at the time, my first real live game.
I really had no idea what the occasion meant, knew none of the history or anything that was happening at the time, though I wish I did, it would have been much more impactful.

All I can remember is thinking 'why are people running onto the field and hanging onto the goalposts' after the game, and that the atmosphere before, during and after, was something I've never since encountered.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It would be in a friendly at the Goldstone in May 1977. A 2-1 defeat v Norwich City. It may have been Ian Mellor or Sammy Morgan.

Perhaps someone can help.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thanks Bodian.... Ian Mellor and Gerry Fell. Thought it was three but memory not a grand thing.... how long after the under-21 hat trick was it... maybe Wardy needed a rest.

Four days (6-10 September) - you might be right.

See Bish-Bosh's post above - Gerry Fell was the first scorer in the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember my last Albion goal, so will have to bow out of this one.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Charlie Livesey (my second Albion match - my first was a 0-0 at Aldershot in the FA Cup).

I went to the Aldershot game and the replay; we won 2-0 I think and got a home tie in the next round against Chelsea. Eric Whitington scored one of them....

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alex Dawson and Kit Napier were hitting the back of the net regularly when I started, but I'm pretty sure it was

Mr Norbet Lawton

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Not sure. But my first Albion Hat-Trick was Alex Dawson v Walsall

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Don't remember the detail. My 2nd albion goal was Gary William's v Forest which have seen dozens of time on tv and internet since. A cracker.

which completed the double over the European Champions

Gerry Ryan's barely crossing the line up at Forest
on a sodden pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here