Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dead Saturday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can try and convince yourself that FA Cup football fills the gap. But it really doesn't. It's worth, er sweet FA in the grand scheme of things. Best for a PL club to just lay down and die earlydoors and try and somehow fill the vacuum with a team bonding session of crazy golf somewhere sunny. Obviously. Holistically. Just filling time now til the next meaningful Albion thing. Which is West Ham away.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’m enjoying the Dead Saturday. After 5 hours of driving Tuesday night, 50 mph motorways, a dodgy hour in Boscomb searching for food and a 3-1 defeat I need to free my mind of it all. Come 1st Feb and I’ll be back in the land of the living too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am fecking THRILLED (now, I wasn’t at the time) that we are out, we have more than enough on our plate without injury risks in a cup we have zero chance of winning.

Did I just admit that, bad fan :smile:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
ok I'll bite

I actually enjoy the cup games
I know the premier is the be all and end all
why,because of money
most supporters slag off the rich clubs
but that's the only way Brighton will ever be successful in the premier
with a super rich owner
what then,we slag off our own club

as it stands
make up the numbers
or win a proper trophy
it's a trophy for me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ok I'll bite

I actually enjoy the cup games
I know the premier is the be all and end all
why,because of money
most supporters slag off the rich clubs
but that's the only way Brighton will ever be successful in the premier
with a super rich owner
what then,we slag off our own club

as it stands
make up the numbers
or win a proper trophy
it's a trophy for me

Win a trophy and get relegated, you’d settle for that? I wouldn’t but we’ll possibly get relegated anyway! We don’t have the squad or quality of players to do both. CH did an amazing job balancing both last season but we ended up looking like imposters in the league and we were never going to beat City in the semi. Our semi was the dullest semi I have ever seen and I was a fan of one of the clubs in it

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Is boring and I love the fa cup, so i wish we were still in it. if we beat West ham, then the break has been good but I would rather they try and play their way out of this goal slump. If we had played QPR, maybe we would have got two or three goals and confidence would have improved. We will never know...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I havent been paid since the 20th December. It's a very welcome break as I have £4.36 in my wallet and a whopping £11.39 in the bank.

Not having to spend £40 for a home match or £100 on an away day is most welcome.

I hate January.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Waiting for Thunderoad to win the 6 o’clock at Kempton is my only bit of sport today.

*hopefully

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Win a trophy and get relegated, you’d settle for that? I wouldn’t but we’ll possibly get relegated anyway! We don’t have the squad or quality of players to do both. CH did an amazing job balancing both last season but we ended up looking like imposters in the league and we were never going to beat City in the semi. Our semi was the dullest semi I have ever seen and I was a fan of one of the clubs in it

Of course it is possible to progress in a cup and not be relegated!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It looked a very tough race with the joint favourites 4/1.

I hope you backed it each way mate. Third @ 6/1 or better isn't bad.
Did it to win mate, I dont think the wide draw helped much either. He'll win soon though.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here