Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random Brighton / Palace rivalry incidents

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

el punal

Sod it, I don’t normally go in for these sort of threads but my incident still makes me chuckle. It happened last season after our 2-2 draw against Fulham at the Amex. To cut a long story short there were no trains going west to Southampton that day (engineering works), so the only other option was to go to Three Bridges and then via Horsham etc.

Standing on the platform at Three Bridges there I was in my Albion shirt drinking a bottle of wine, with a glass of course! In pulls a train and out come some Palace fans.

“ Hello!” I gaily called, “ How did you get on?” I genuinely did not know the result.

“F*** off!” says fan no.1.

“F*** off, you c***!” says fan no.2

“Oi you c***! You’ve got some shit on your shirt!” says fan no.3. - referring to our glorious club badge.

Oh, such deep joy when I then found out they’d lost 2-0 at home to Southampton. Happy days! :drink:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Holiday in Greece large swimming pool one end my Brighton beach towel the other end a Palace one we got in the pool and swim towards the middle where the Palace fan said "look I on holiday I don't want any trouble right" it turned out he was a runner as I was and we egged each other on during the two weeks running up a mountain track behind the hotel alternate mornings we would compaire notes briefly at the breakfast self service each was trying to be the first to reach the summit, one morning I reported that I had reached a small shepards hut and noticed a gated fence before returning knowing I was nearing the goal he was determined to beat me and I saw him set off early the next morning.
Expecting to see his smug face later I was a little surprised when he didn't turn up well not until late afternoon it transpired he reached the gated fence and decided to climb over as he could see the summit just beyond as he set off on the final leg several Greek solders stepped out of some undergrowth and at gun point arrested him apparently it was a military base he then spent the entire day being questioned made me laugh I have to say

el punal

Alright, another little “incident”, my daughter lives in Croydon :eek: and we often visit her. On this particular occasion I was in the local supermarket and I saw a young lad, with his dad, wearing a replica Palace shirt.

“Hello!” I said, “You must be a very keen Barcelona fan. Have you been to the Nou Camp?”

His dad butts in “It’s a Crystal Palace shirt.” he says, admonishing me.

“Really!” I reply, “I’ve never heard of them, they must be quite a small club.”

Me, exit stage left with a little snigger and a gloat in my heart. :drink:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I once saw a kid wearing a Palace shirt in Asda. He was buying yoghurt.

Could have embellished this little tale with at least the flavour of the said yogurt?. Not sure I believe you.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Another one from a couple of years ago. I was in a south coast hotel on a August bank holiday and you lot were away to Liverpool, I thought as it’s on sky I’ll have some of that. So I’m sitting there with a pint and there’s a few of you dotted about watching the game , Liverpool score and I give it a big “yessss” a few look round at the loud scouser and I just smile back.
As dinner was approaching I decided to leave before ft but couldn’t resist a “ come on you reds “ in my best scouse accent , it was met with a few tuts :D

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
When I was a kid, I told a Palace fan in a rosette to f—- off.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I got thrown out of New Faces.

F7A0D828-A716-49DA-98BD-861A55BA157C.jpeg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
In the the Goldstone days as a youth, I remember seeing on derby day 1 Palace fan running for his life close to the ground with about 50 fans in pursuit. I hope it ended with a bit of banter, as I didn't see what happened in the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was at a party at my neighbour's place about 15 years ago, and the eldest daughter had her new bloke with her. Palace fan. Nice lad. I was wearing a Brighton shirt for no good reason (Donatello I expect), so we exchanged some modest pleasantries. Ten minutes later I nipped across the road and swapped the shirt for the red and black striped away kit. Nipped back. He spotted me a bit later and raise an eyebrow. Ten minutes later it was a yellow Leon Knight shirt. There was a bit of 'FFS' going on by now. Three or four more shirt changes later, he left in a huff. Married the lass, and he visits the mother in law occasionally, but he frowns when he sees me. :shrug: ???

Jan 30, 2008
Palace getting CS gassed in the pub at the bottom of Trafalgar st before a pre season "friendly " at the Goldstone
Regards
DF

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
A long time ago there was a ground floor flat in Kenilworth Road St Leonards with :CPFC: stickers on the window .
Nothing wrong with that of course , if you like that sort of thing .

One dark winters evening while walking past the abode on my way to the Horse and Groom public house nearby I noticed a homemade poster had been added to the collection .
The poster mocked our clubs then low point with words in crayon saying " ha ha going down and loosing your ground " or something similar .
Also cut out pages from the Argus had been stuck on with articles relating to be the sale of the Goldstone ground and our perilous league position .

Several pints of Harveys later and after leaving the establishment I came across a pile of rubble in a front courtyard and managed to locate a decent size house brick .
I carried the house brick to the flat with the disrespectful poster and checked that no one was around to observe it being propelled though the front window .

However whether I just lost my bottle or common sense prevailed I didn't actually throw the brick but put it down and wandered home .

Looking back I am sure that was the right thing to do .

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This is a strange one and this is the only time I've ever divulged this.

Some years ago, perhaps 5 or 6 On the way home from a particularly messy night out in London I managed to lose my phone. The next day I blocked my phone and changed all of my passwords. Over the next coming days I noticed a few tweets popping up that I wasn't used to seeing. Turned out whoever "found" my phone done nothing except to follow Tampax and CPFC on twitter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am in awe of your bigness and cleverness :ffsparr:

I think punching a particularly obnoxious wannabe Palace scumbag Nigel just yuck...... fan..... should be viewed in certain terms to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here