Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Total Games at Withdean

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Does anyone happen to know the total amount of games we played at Withdean?

I know for certain that I went to 301 matches there, as I document it (no, really I do!), but I know I missed around a dozen or so matches in our time there.
Maybe the History Man has the stats?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I know for certain that I went to 301 matches there, as I document it (no, really I do!), but I know I missed around a dozen or so matches in our time there.

276 league games, approximately 45 cup games (all compos).

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

any ideas on games you missed?

hopefully the 2-3 Chester defeat was one of them :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
276 league games, approximately 45 cup games (all compos).

I would have thought there were more than 45 cup games in 12 years. League cup, FA cup, and LDV vans/Johnson’s Paint trophy thingy. Of course some of those were away, but 45 is less than 4 a season for three categories.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only missed a few at the beginning of the season and one or two around Easter time.

I really miss withdean!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Colin Hawkins match against Stockport sticks in the mind. :mad:

I think the most enjoyable game I saw was a 4-0 win over Blackpool, played on the August bank holiday. The weather was beautiful, Zamora was on fire and it was the start of another promotion season just after getting out of the basement in 2001. Fantastic time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
How many games did anyone get to for our 2 year hiatus at Gillingham?

I had a season ticket for the two seasons and did miss a few midweek games (bad fan) but reckon I got to 18 in the first season and 17 in the second season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I had a season ticket for the two seasons and did miss a few midweek games (bad fan) but reckon I got to 18 in the first season and 17 in the second season.

Yep did 100% including the cup games too...remember losing to millwall 1-5 or 6. Jamie Moralee opened the scoring. Loads of London Neanderthals in the main stand giving Keith Dublin serious racist stick with his friends and family sat near by. Only time I have ever experienced racist shit close up and it was disgusting,

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yep did 100% including the cup games too...remember losing to millwall 1-5 or 6. Jamie Moralee opened the scoring. Loads of London Neanderthals in the main stand giving Keith Dublin serious racist stick with his friends and family sat near by. Only time I have ever experienced racist shit close up and it was disgusting,

Keith Dublin was still playing for us at Gillingham? Must have been his testimonial season!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Colin Hawkins match against Stockport sticks in the mind. :mad:

I think the most enjoyable game I saw was a 4-0 win over Blackpool, played on the August bank holiday. The weather was beautiful, Zamora was on fire and it was the start of another promotion season just after getting out of the basement in 2001. Fantastic time.

I know what you mean. . .
. And now we are stuck in the bleeding Premier League.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
First game where Darren freeman scored

Fantastic day. Even shed a tear when they came out .

After gillingham,, snowballing wankers house in mellor, focus diy trolley run and then abandoning the goods, Fulham away and the fa March, storming the directors box at the goldstone and Mansfield ( remember that!) and more.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First game where Darren freeman scored

Fantastic day. Even shed a tear when they came out .

After gillingham,, snowballing wankers house in mellor, focus diy trolley run and then abandoning the goods, Fulham away and the fa March, storming the directors box at the goldstone and Mansfield ( remember that!) and more.

The youtube footage of Bellotti running away is still remarkable. Game after game, incident after incident, these days the Police, BHCC H&S jobsworths and the EFL would throw the book at a club for that lot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think I went to them all, including an 'away' game versus Gillingham, the 1-5 against Millwall in the Freight-Rover Layand-Daf trophy (bitter) when Moralee scored, and the opening game where only the Rainham end was open to 'home' supporters. Living only 20 minutes or so drive away it would have been rude not to. It was the start of my serious bit of actual supporting, 30 years after I went to my first game. Met [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION] [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] @papa lazaru @manx gull and numerous others for the first time (in The Cricketers). Emotional

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I think I went to them all, including an 'away' game versus Gillingham, the 1-5 against Millwall in the Freight-Rover Layand-Daf trophy (bitter) when Moralee scored, and the opening game where only the Rainham end was open to 'home' supporters. Living only 20 minutes or so drive away it would have been rude not to. It was the start of my serious bit of actual supporting, 30 years after I went to my first game. Met [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] [MENTION=944]Inkerman[/MENTION] [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] @papa lazaru @manx gull and numerous others for the first time (in The Cricketers). Emotional

Pretty much all of them for me as well. Lived in Essex at the time so a short jaunt across the Thames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here