Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the equation as simple as, no striker in before the end of the transfer window = Down

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes and I’ve been saying it’s binary since the beginning of December.

Potter also needs to pick his first 11 and give them a proper run. Far too much swapping

This has, in part, been caused by the intense fixture list during Jan and (especially) Dec. It'll be interesting to see if he does develop a tad more consistency in his line-up, formation, etc in the coming period when we've got less than a game a week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Southampton = Ings -
Watford - Deeney
Villa will go down
Norwich - Pukki
Bournemouth - can go down
West ham - could go down...

common denominator? - striker.... Us? Maupuy on 6 and .... nothing else.

Therefore - hell yes!!!

Are you really confident that Villa are as good as down? Since the Amex visit, they’ve beaten Watford and then bought the CL striker Sangatta. They plan to bring in further first team signings next week, strikers.

Norwich, Bmuff and Brighton @ 12/1 seems feasible.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Are you really confident that Villa are as good as down? Since the Amex visit, they’ve beaten Watford and then bought the CL striker Sangatta. They plan to bring in further first team signings next week, strikers.

Norwich, Bmuff and Brighton @ 12/1 seems feasible.

A lot of Villa fans are saying that Sangatta's record doesn't prove anything as the Belgian league is weak. He could be a flop. I'm fed up with hearing about Christian Benteke would turn into Aguero if he rejoined them. :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of Villa fans are saying that Sangatta's record doesn't prove anything as the Belgian league is weak. He could be a flop. I'm fed up with hearing about Christian Benteke would turn into Aguero if he rejoined them. :facepalm:

They’re buying PSV’s Uruguay international striker Gaston Pereiro too, as well moving for Barn-door.

4 Uruguay goals, 44 for PSV.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I assume this is one of your dry jokes?

Primary school years were a doddle. Parents meeting your every need, no pressures, no bills to pay, 13 weeks holiday, easy school ‘work’ over by 3pm.

Early years fine - got picked on by a bully at the start, but he got run over and killed crossing the main road, so that was sorted ......
Later on, bullying teacher who took a dislike to me - you don't want to know, but it wouldn't be allowed today!
Plenty of pressure at secondary level - the slipper, the cane, detention, conscientiously objecting to joining the school combined cadet force (that went down well!), homework ..... more homework ......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the Recruitment Team should test Norwich's resolve with a Big Offer for Teemu Pukki _ No messing with untested players from abroad. Worst that can happen is it gets rejected.

He aint the best striker in the business but boy does he trouble defences with his power and strenghth

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
We are a bit short up front Maupay and Connolly are not very tall .Seriously though we let go of two strikers and did not replace them .Its to soon for Connolly ,Should have bought Murray on .As for Andone being too wound up i`m sure Man Utd in the nineties did not think that was a bad thing with Roy Keane !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Early years fine - got picked on by a bully at the start, but he got run over and killed crossing the main road, so that was sorted ......
Later on, bullying teacher who took a dislike to me - you don't want to know, but it wouldn't be allowed today!
Plenty of pressure at secondary level - the slipper, the cane, detention, conscientiously objecting to joining the school combined cadet force (that went down well!), homework ..... more homework ......

Genuinely sorry to hear that. Incredibly common as you know.

Towards the end of Primary School carrying on into Comp, a male bitch or two stirred behind backs, but I was quick witted and could fight back if they went down that route, plus if any prick at Comp wanted to fight me on a far flung field at lunchtime for no good reason thinking I was a soft touch, I always came out untouched.

Teachers left me alone as I’d got lucky in being academic. I pissed off a few as I grew naughtier at Comp where there were weak class teachers (kids smell weakness). Corporal punishment was banned by then.

I know many people who were bullied at boys or girls independent boarding schools in the 60’s or 70’s by Flashman types, they’re still psychologically scarred now.

Childhood’s not just about school and my home life seemed fine at the time. Only realising many years later, that we’d been kind of ignored by parents in their own bubble and not touchy feely. Again, that was incredibly common in the UK, unemphatic parents, with no true interest in your successes or home work. Many, many parents now take a far greater interest in their kids.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think the Recruitment Team should test Norwich's resolve with a Big Offer for Teemu Pukki _ No messing with untested players from abroad. Worst that can happen is it gets rejected.

He aint the best striker in the business but boy does he trouble defences with his power and strenghth

I can't see Norwich entertaining a bid while they stand a chance of staying up.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No, no new striker and you can basically flip a coin though. Get in a taller striker with some pace and we should stay up. Not going after McBurnie is looking sillier by the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here