Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the equation as simple as, no striker in before the end of the transfer window = Down

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Not wanting to get relegated but if we do the plastics will **** of and support their team from the comfort of their armchairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He can certainly finish. How much would tempt them though?

He aint worth more than £20m - Norwich Directors eyes light up when they see money flashed in front of them. They would be tempted to cash in when they know that they gotta catch and overtake 3 teams with 2 more wins that means 2 more wins between now and the end of the season than 3 different Clubs.

Delia would be drippin into her dripping at the thought of £20m quid

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuinely sorry to hear that. Incredibly common as you know.

Towards the end of Primary School carrying on into Comp, a male bitch or two stirred behind backs, but I was quick witted and could fight back if they went down that route, plus if any prick at Comp wanted to fight me on a far flung field at lunchtime for no good reason thinking I was a soft touch, I always came out untouched.

Teachers left me alone as I’d got lucky in being academic. I pissed off a few as I grew naughtier at Comp where there were weak class teachers (kids smell weakness). Corporal punishment was banned by then.

I know many people who were bullied at boys or girls independent boarding schools in the 60’s or 70’s by Flashman types, they’re still psychologically scarred now.

Childhood’s not just about school and my home life seemed fine at the time. Only realising many years later, that we’d been kind of ignored by parents in their own bubble and not touchy feely. Again, that was incredibly common in the UK, unemphatic parents, with no true interest in your successes or home work. Many, many parents now take a far greater interest in their kids.
No worries. And it may be a shock to today's youngsters (what do they know, eh?!) that whenever we were given the choice of corporal punishment over detention (or writing 100 lines) we invariably chose the corporal punishment - over and done quickly, stung a bit, but better than sitting in a stuffy classroom for an hour or two when everyone else was out and free, and better (as with lines) than doing an extra hour of tedium to the three hours of normal homework!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No worries. And it may be a shock to today's youngsters (what do they know, eh?!) that whenever we were given the choice of corporal punishment over detention (or writing 100 lines) we invariably chose the corporal punishment - over and done quickly, stung a bit, but better than sitting in a stuffy classroom for an hour or two when everyone else was out and free, and better (as with lines) than doing an extra hour of tedium to the three hours of normal homework!

I’d prefer my Dad smacking me, over being sent to my room or losing pocket money, for the same reason. Over and done with.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not wanting to get relegated but if we do the plastics will **** of and support their team from the comfort of their armchairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know many Brighton born Gooners who are Amex s/t holders and 1901 Club members. I’d imagine that they’d still go ... it’s just a 3 mile trip and far cheaper than visiting the Emirates.

If we ever ended up being like an Ipswich or Reading, that would test their resolve I guess.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just double checked and we're 7-2 to go down, the least likely of the bottom 6 to do so.

Clearly you're wrong. On the other hand we might get someone in and still go down. It's probably fair to say that if we did buy an "oven ready" striker who came in and banged in a few goals, it would reduce the chances of dropping out

And it's not just about getting any old striker, they've got to be fit (not always the case), and they would have to be better than we have. Not easy in January.

12-1 a couple of games ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No it doesn’t, but will be touch and go in terms of staying up whether we bring someone in or not. Thing is we’re highly unlikely to sign a proven PL striker based on our past record - even if we do sign someone it’ll be from abroad and whoever it is will take at least a few games to get used to things. If we can’t stay up with what we’ve already got then we aren’t going to stay up IMO..........and with Muzza basically past it, Maupay and Connolly better start firing soon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bookies odds in effect deem that we’ll finish above Villa, West Ham and Watford.

That may be unlikely based on the willingness of the former two to spend whatever it takes, and Watford have several quality players who’ve found form under Pearson.

Unless we too recruit wisely in the next 7 days.

The two teams that you mention are willing and able to battle. I am not convinced we have enough muscle or nastiness to do that and it’s a big part of a relegation battle imo. I confess to being concerned at how easily we are bullied and it seems to be happening more often now to the detriment of the great football we played earlier in the season.

Yes, I think we have a decent chance of going down without a new quality forward unless the midfield start chipping in. We have no presence up front so defenders are never in an aerial or physical battle in open play either.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
The club have had a blind spot for centre forwards for years. Even now I don’t believe they are seriously looking to bring in a decent striker & are of the belief that what we have is sufficient. Well IMO Connolly & Murray should not be near the first team & we are two players short.

We are going down

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Can you imagine if Maupay got injured?!!

Right now I can only see us finishing above Norwich, maybe Villa. We're so so soft. Too nice for a battle. We're down right now.

What a lift a new forward would be.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
And it's not just about getting any old striker, they've got to be fit (not always the case), and they would have to be better than we have.

I really don't think looks should come into it. Obviously we don't want an absolute minger but you're setting the bar unnecessarily high with "better than we have". Some of our squad are quite good looking already and would be difficult to improve on.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Can you imagine if Maupay got injured?!!

Right now I can only see us finishing above Norwich, maybe Villa. We're so so soft. Too nice for a battle. We're down right now.

What a lift a new forward would be.

The lift would last until he missed the first half chance then DOOM and GLOOM

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here