Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be fair if the lighting system was efficient there would be no light pollution.

Needs to be fully covered with better reflection. Looks like a lot of wasted energy to me.

pitchlights.jpg

Pickles

May 5, 2014
To be fair if the lighting system was efficient there would be no light pollution.

Needs to be fully covered with better reflection. Looks like a lot of wasted energy to me.

View attachment 119463

Very much this.

I have two main loves in life, outside of my family and my friends and quality beer, The Albion and astronomy.

My love of astronomy has taken me into other scientific areas, which I won't bore you with ( but I'd love to....), and this is very selfish of The Albion.

Light pollution is just getting so awful, and I've signed the petition.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Very much this.

I have two main loves in life, outside of my family and my friends and quality beer, The Albion and astronomy.

My love of astronomy has taken me into other scientific areas, which I won't bore you with ( but I'd love to....), and this is very selfish of The Albion.

Have we not been using these every season since we moved to the amex?

It must be a temporary solution to grow the grass through after the recent awful weather has ruined the pitch.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Very much this.

The solution isn't rocket science either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very much this.

I love watching the shooting stars in August, the Perseids (I think). We just get in the car, drive 4 miles east to the Cuckmere river, and problem solved. No light pollution.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes this seems to gathering momentum with the local tree huggers.

If you follow Brighton skies on Facebook, they are very vocal

Has Barber responded yet?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I want a petition to have them turned on 24/7 and use electricity generated from burning soft coal to power them. Or run them on whale oil. That'll show the tree-huggers. Up Britain!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is ridiculous and shame on all you signing this, there is light pollution from the local streets, the road and the universities. picking on the club contribution is nonsense.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
this is ridiculous and shame on all you signing this, there is light pollution from the local streets, the road and the universities. picking on the club contribution is nonsense.

Common sense at last let’s be honest if this was coming from anything other than a football stadium there would not be any fuss at all

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Basically a Facebook witch hunt campaign for bored middle class mums. Half of the signers won't even have noticed it.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

I now know how stat bro feels when I have a pop at him! ........

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Common sense at last let’s be honest if this was coming from anything other than a football stadium there would not be any fuss at all

It really isn't mate.

There's a lot of people trying to keep our skies clear.

This isn't nimbyism, far from it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It really isn't mate.

There's a lot of people trying to keep our skies clear.

This isn't nimbyism, far from it.

So where is the protest against the lit seafront and pavilion at night? Or the roads or the university or the marina or any of the other sources of light pollution in the city?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
So where is the protest against the lit seafront and pavilion at night? Or the roads or the university or the marina or any of the other sources of light pollution in the city?

I fully understand your point, and personally I agree with you, totally 100%.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Basically a Facebook witch hunt campaign for bored middle class mums. Half of the signers won't even have noticed it.

GB, you are a tad flippant here, and complacent and wrong. Also, you're daft on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here