Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I see over 500 people have signed a petition against the club's use of grass growing lights (I don't know the tech term) which cause an orange glow that can be seen all over Brighton. The claim is it is the worst light pollution in one hundred square miles and is damaging the wildlife in the area. Do they have a point?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I see over 500 people have signed a petition against the club's use of grass growing lights (I don't know the tech term) which cause an orange glow that can be seen all over Brighton. The claim is it is the worst light pollution in one hundred square miles and is damaging the wildlife in the area. Do they have a point?
I blame Lucas

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

In what way is it the worst light pollution? Surely the city is greater?!

Jan 30, 2008

Caroline lucas ?
regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'm suprised they haven't also complained about the noise pollution....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7oUwPIWCYI

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Is the football club just a cover business for Uncle Tony's secret weed empire...?

Inkedtony-bloom-4_LI.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to admit, myself and Mrs Wz noticed the orange glow in the East a couple of weeks ago and have commented on it and seen it a few times since. She has just told me she drove home across the Falmer road this evening and realised where it was coming from.

So it is certainly noticeable and significant but, looking at the state of the pitch against Villa, desperately needed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have to admit, myself and Mrs Wz noticed the orange glow in the East a couple of weeks ago and have commented on it and seen it a few times since. She has just told me she drove home across the Falmer road this evening and realised where it was coming from.

So it is certainly noticeable and significant but, looking at the state of the pitch against Villa, desperately needed.

That must be where they are going wrong, Surely the light is supposed to shine down onto the grass, not up into the sky.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
FFS Nimbys at their worst. Next thing they will be measuring the decibels during an actual match.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
From Westdene It looks like the dawn sun. Glad I don’t live near it - must be like living in permanent sunlight. It would be OK of it worked - perhaps it’s the cause of the pitch being crap.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It is odd, though, that it’s only become really noticeable for the last few weeks. I wonder what’s changed. But I don’t really mind it, as it makes me think to myself “ooh, look, that’s where the Amex is” and then it brings other pleasing thoughts of lovely Albion and footie to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here