Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It’s Fridat it’s half past 5 and it’s

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I realise I’ve gone too early but Vocations Pride and Joy and then a Isle of Wight Shiraz.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crackerjack btw.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... Dryuary, so tea for me throughout the evening.

That said, there's only one more weekend to go, or half a one. Which means I'll miss next week's Fridat threat, but will be back on the sauce in East London, no doubt drowning my sorrows post- the 5 o'clock threshold :down:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Still going on Dry January. Well done to all those still going, see it through. Massive p155-up at Howling Hops Brewery and Tank Bar at Hackney Wick station pre match on Saturday 1st February.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Am doing a virtually dry January with alcohol free beers most of the time. The odd alcoholic one but I've been amazed at how good some of the AF ones are these days. I got a selection of 31 from Beer Hawk for £36 so it's proving fun trying out so many different ones. They even had a couple of Harveys AF ones in there (Old Ale and Sussex Best, both of which I've enjoyed in their full fat versions, and the AF versions are very, very close).

I'll be persisting with AF from now on. Bit healthier and some of them are hard to tell the difference. My missus has started trying AF wines and some of them have been pretty good too.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
First of a couple of nice refreshing G&T’s this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Day 24. Getting harder to hold on the nearer next Saturday gets!

Those of you not on dry January, enjoy your favourite tipple.
Those of you on dry January - well done, keep it going, only 8 more sleeps!

I think I sound as if I have an issue.......!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just had a half of some Abyss Simcoe stuff in Brooksteed, just chugged a Proper Job then moving on to an Oakham Citra then hitting my understairs stash... it takes the pain away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Am doing a virtually dry January with alcohol free beers most of the time. The odd alcoholic one but I've been amazed at how good some of the AF ones are these days. I got a selection of 31 from Beer Hawk for £36 so it's proving fun trying out so many different ones. They even had a couple of Harveys AF ones in there (Old Ale and Sussex Best, both of which I've enjoyed in their full fat versions, and the AF versions are very, very close).

I'll be persisting with AF from now on. Bit healthier and some of them are hard to tell the difference. My missus has started trying AF wines and some of them have been pretty good too.

Remember that when you buy an AF beer it is not subject to Beer Duty, however you will pay a comparative price as if it was a genuine beer. Publicans love you because they get a fantastic profit margin. Enjoy !

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm on codeine at the moment. I try to avoid it. But it's not an entirely unpleasant experience.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have failed miserably with Dry January and am celebrating Burns Night tonight and tomorrow, so a generous measure of The Glenlivet Nadurra (48%abv) will be consumed very shortly.:whisky::thumbsup:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Remember that when you buy an AF beer it is not subject to Beer Duty, however you will pay a comparative price as if it was a genuine beer. Publicans love you because they get a fantastic profit margin. Enjoy !
Think I'll just carry on with home AF use then! I am still having the odd tipple though; maybe a lot closer to my declared unit intake on official records! :lol::cheers:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It really isn't. 5 minutes before the Neighbours repeat maybe but Crackerjack was famously five to five.

I know that...... Peter Glaze was a c..un.t though.

On a side issue here...... you dry janners boys need to f..uck off to a gardening thread or something. You can’t keep away can you ? Why fool yourselves Mwoooarrhh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here