Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] End of game brawl

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who says basketball is a non contact sport.

Local rivals clash at the end of the game. Bans for players ranging from 2 to 12 games.

Just wonder if the FA would ever give a 12 game ban for something similar.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
As a basketball referee , I can definitely say it's not actually non contact.... In the rules it is, but in practice not.

I just love the way the band carries on as if nothing happened!

And on picking up the chair, the commentator says "you can't do that in college basketball" :lolol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
And on picking up the chair, the commentator says "you can't do that in college basketball......" :lolol:

"........but its OK if you go and do it in the Pros" :lolol:

Watched it the other day and couldn't believe how it escalated so quick....not surprised though with two interstate College rivals.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Very entertaining. You can understand the tension in such a very close game :lolol:

Seems that it was players from the team that was winning the game that were the main aggressors. I don't know a lot about US basketball players. Are they a bit thick?

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Very entertaining. You can understand the tension in such a very close game :lolol:

Seems that it was players from the team that was winning the game that were the main aggressors. I don't know a lot about US basketball players. Are they a bit thick?

Like football, you get both ends of the scale. I wouldn't call Shaq O'Neal thick. Although even if he was, I wouldn't do it to his face! :smile:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who says basketball is a non contact sport.

Local rivals clash at the end of the game. Bans for players ranging from 2 to 12 games.

Just wonder if the FA would ever give a 12 game ban for something similar.

Easily. It wasn't just a brawl, some geezer picked up a chair to use as a weapon and they went into the crowd too.

Even the FA would take a dim view of that - 12 games would be the least of it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"........but its OK if you go and do it in the Pros" :lolol:

Watched it the other day and couldn't believe how it escalated so quick....not surprised though with two interstate College rivals.

Reminds me of when I played for Falmer against Fawcett in basketball over in patcham. It was all a bit testy but the game was close....two minutes to go and one of the Fawcett players lamped for no reason our star player...we all piled in and after 10 minutes, with all the teachers and players either pulling people away or jumping into stop the players fighting, the game was called off and we were bundled into the mini bus and driven back to school.

We were all hauled into the headmasters next day ( Mr Hockton) and all banned from playing for the school again!

Suffice it to say it was all forgotten about a few weeks later when we got invited to the Brighton Schools Basketball tournament at Stanley Deason which fortunately for all concerned, Fawcett didn’t take up the invite.

There was always bad blood between Falmer and Fawcett and I never knew why, even before this episode.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Reminds me of when I played for Falmer against Fawcett in basketball over in patcham. It was all a bit testy but the game was close....two minutes to go and one of the Fawcett players lamped for no reason our star player...we all piled in and after 10 minutes, with all the teachers and players either pulling people away or jumping into stop the players fighting, the game was called off and we were bundled into the mini bus and driven back to school.

We were all hauled into the headmasters next day ( Mr Hockton) and all banned from playing for the school again!

Suffice it to say it was all forgotten about a few weeks later when we got invited to the Brighton Schools Basketball tournament at Stanley Deason which fortunately for all concerned, Fawcett didn’t take up the invite.

There was always bad blood between Falmer and Fawcett and I never knew why, even before this episode.

I went to Falmer, we generally had bad blood with everyone! :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here