Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Jeep Compass

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
A bit of a long shot, but does anyone here drive a Jeep Compass?

I have a child with mobility issues, who needs quite a bit of “stuff” when we go out and have been offered the possibility of using one on a Motability lease, and would appreciate any sensible views.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
No. But the wench has identified it as 'her next car' so I'd be interested too. We had a Jeep Cherokee while in B.C that was nice and a good spec, but my concern is an American Jeep Cherokee is different to the made in Mexico Fiat Compass.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't suspect you intended to be offensive as you're definitely not one of those types of posters. Just thought there's a time a place, mate. Of course, i could be entirely wrong and darkwolf's howling in laughter.

I don't mean it as a dig, more of a caution. :wink:
You make a good point. I was thoughtless. No defence, really.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I hired a (new) Jeep Grand Cherokee in California last year and was very impressed. Considering getting a diesel one in the UK in one last hurrah before we all drive EVs but they are horrendously expensive new.

I believe the Jeep Compass doesn't have much in common with the Grand Cherokee despite sharing the badge but they look OK.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don't want to speak or be offended on darkwolf's behalf, but that's an incredibly insensitive thing to say.

I think (hope) this was just a play on the usual random names people put out there as new signings! And not asking if my mobility restricted child could play left back - besides, he's way too short, so maybe in goal...!

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I think (hope) this was just a play on the usual random names people put out there as new signings! And not asking if my mobility restricted child could play left back - besides, he's way too short, so maybe in goal...!

I have no doubt that's what BV meant, never seen a malicious post from him.

I hope this bumps your thread up though so you can get a proper answer. :thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have no doubt that's what BV meant, never seen a malicious post from him.

I hope this bumps your thread up though so you can get a proper answer. :thumbsup:

Thanks, not sure I was ever really expecting a sensible answer - I did say it was a longshot at the outset.

Been in touch with the garage today and it looks like I might be offered this instead...
redline-black-top.png
Jeep Compass Night Eagle - looks really nice, and hopefully it has the space we need!

Would still be interested in anybody who might have come into contact with one...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks, not sure I was ever really expecting a sensible answer - I did say it was a longshot at the outset.

Been in touch with the garage today and it looks like I might be offered this instead...
View attachment 119423
Jeep Compass Night Eagle - looks really nice, and hopefully it has the space we need!

Would still be interested in anybody who might have come into contact with one...

I don’t know the car but it LOOKS like it would have less space in it than you average estate car. Lots of form over function cars out there today, especially the small wannabe be SUVs....imo

Have you actually seen the car in the flesh, is it as small as it looks, traditionally Jeeps are big buggers

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I don’t know the car but it LOOKS like it would have less space in it than you average estate car. Lots of form over function cars out there today, especially the mini wannabe be SUVs....imo

This is true, but does the higher form factor assist with the mobility issues? It's definitely a factor in the number of older people driving Audi Q3s and the like.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don’t know the car but it LOOKS like it would have less space in it than you average estate car. Lots of form over function cars out there today, especially the small wannabe be SUVs....imo

Have you actually seen the car in the flesh, is it as small as it looks, traditionally Jeeps are big buggers

No, I've not seen the car in the flesh (metal), am doing that tomorrow. I have checked the specs of the various cars out there that qualify for Motability, and didn't really want an estate. According to the specs this has a massive boot - so will see what it looks like and if it will fit our paraphernalia in it!

PS - I think the car is bigger than the picture...! :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is true, but does the higher form factor assist with the mobility issues? It's definitely a factor in the number of older people driving Audi Q3s and the like.

My wife has hip problems and finds getting into SUV type cars difficult because the sill and seat are so high so a car like that certainly wouldn’t be a consideration for us. I think access might be a problem if passengers are not reasonably agile.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My wife has hip problems and finds getting into SUV type cars difficult because the sill and seat are so high so a car like that certainly wouldn’t be a consideration for us. I think access might be a problem if passengers are not reasonably agile.

The opposite is what I've frequently heard in less-mobile people, that bending down to get in/out of a lower car is a strain. I apprecicate that's not the case for your wife.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The opposite is what I've frequently heard in less-mobile people, that bending down to get in/out of a lower car is a strain. I apprecicate that's not the case for your wife.

She is not a fan of my Alfa GTV either :lolol:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
https://www.whatcar.com/jeep/compass/4x4/review/n17288/space-practicality

What Car does not rate the Jeep Compass, and says the boot space is smaller than competitors: https://www.whatcar.com/jeep/compass/4x4/review/n17288/space-practicality

(other reviews are available, but seem similar)

Hhmmm, that’s a massively different boot size to the figures I have seen quoted. Makes me think figures I have seen may have been with rear seats down, which is a bit naughty! Tomorrow will tell...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here