Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radiohead’s 40 greatest songs – ranked!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah - Moon Shaped Pool I thought was "fine, decent enough" on release but it has really grown on me a lot since.

He's right, they aren't as original, but I think that's also a timing thing. To be consistently innovative and stay "on top" is very, very difficult nowadays. I can barely think of any bands/artists who have done this more effectively than Radiohead in the past 15-20 years.

The thing about The Beatles' originality is there is the question of how much it's down to the band, as compared to George Martin. Bowie, on the other hand, ...

... for me, he was immense during the 70s, but unimpressed with pretty much everything else beyond 1980. There is the possible exception of Blackstar, but that might be sentimentality.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
9. Exit Music (For a Film) (1997)
Bewildering, still, that Radiohead composed this monstrous ballad for Baz Luhrmann’s 1996 flick Romeo + Juliet, partly because it’s a high-stakes blockbuster of its own. Yorke has never sounded gloomier, with poisonous murmurs rising to a bloodcurdling fever pitch.

When this popped up on an episode of black mirror. Lost my shiiiiiite. Listened to it on repeat for the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In their hey day, I took the view that Radiohead were just a a band that music snobs said they liked, just to sound superior. When pressed for why, I rarely got beyond 'I really like 'Creep'. As a result 'Creep' was soon seen as too accessible and commercial. The music snobs moved on. They professed their love of a band whose later music was impenetrable to some. Anyhoo, I don't have a closed mind to music, so perhaps it's time to re-evaluate and see if they were just ahead of their time for some.

You should.

They were sublime.

My son was lucky enough to see them live in Vancouver in the mid 90s.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Big fan of Talk Show Host as well, I remember being 13 when OK Computer came out and it blew my mind. Still gets a regular listen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
3 different posters having a different favourite The Smile track made me think about this thread.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wierd Fishes/Arpeggi is probably my favourite. I am looking forward to seeing Thom and Jonny as 'The Smile' at All Points East tomorrow.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Missed this first time round. What a great band. Pleased to see National Anthem and Idioteque in the top 10. Amnesia is a great album and often forgotten

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here