Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we miss Hughton?

HBoi

May 15, 2019
Hampshire
In light of our recent performances, I often find myself wondering where we'd be now with Hughton at the helm instead - Would we be thriving top ten? or continuing our abysmal form that we ended last season in? Would AJ have scored yet? Personally, I was absolutely gutted that Hughton got sacked. We reached the semi-final of the FA cup (which was a brilliant day out!), survived relegation (albeit only just) - surely those tick all the boxes for a club like us?

I understand that Potter definitely needs time to adapt and shape his team but honestly, bar a few performances, we've struggled to pick up points this season and have had just too many poor results. The reality is that now points are needed far more than style right now. Right now we're on an abysmal run of form - picking up one point in January, when we really should of got around 6 - and yet all I hear is still 'give Potter time' or 'we're playing well though'. I understand that we have a lot of potential as a squad and do like what Potter has done here but if we loose to West Ham i'm sure a lot of fans, including me, are going to turn against him.

If we beat West Ham then sure i'll be fine and this run of form will hopefully be forgotten but once again - Where would we be now with Hughton ... ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You just CANNOTjudge Potter yet. You’ll get an answer but not yet. Patience.... he’s not going anywhere even with a relaxation.

Edit : to answer question.... probably about the same

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Potter has had one transfer window and a half to change hughtons deadwood.

Were more shitter teams before. Last year we deserved to finish on par with Huddersfield.

Can’t see one upside of having him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In light of our recent performances, I often find myself wondering where we'd be now with Hughton at the helm instead - Would we be thriving top ten? or continuing our abysmal form that we ended last season in? Would AJ have scored yet? Personally, I was absolutely gutted that Hughton got sacked. We reached the semi-final of the FA cup (which was a brilliant day out!), survived relegation (albeit only just) - surely those tick all the boxes for a club like us?

I understand that Potter definitely needs time to adapt and shape his team but honestly, bar a few performances, we've struggled to pick up points this season and have had just too many poor results. The reality is that now points are needed far more than style right now. Right now we're on an abysmal run of form - picking up one point in January, when we really should of got around 6 - and yet all I hear is still 'give Potter time' or 'we're playing well though'. I understand that we have a lot of potential as a squad and do like what Potter has done here but if we loose to West Ham i'm sure a lot of fans, including me, are going to turn against him.

If we beat West Ham then sure i'll be fine and this run of form will hopefully be forgotten but once again - Where would we be now with Hughton ... ?

palarse

HBoi

May 15, 2019
Hampshire
I agree and i'm happy to give him more time but surely Hughton deserved a chance to change things up a bit and bring in a few players?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nobody knows. I thought that we needed a couple of very good CMs, box to box, capable of controlling games, and capable of arriving at the right time and at speed in the penalty area. Who knows how Hughton would have fared with £50M or £60M spent on a couple of those. Maybe they'd have moved the momentum of the team forward, maybe not. We could be doing quite well, or we could just be carrying on where we left off at the end of the season.

Maybe TB or DA would have had a word about the sort of football wanted; who knows? - and maybe CH would have taken it on board ....... or maybe not. We don't know. Some people may have an opinion one way or the other; but anyone who tries to broadcast their opinion and call it a fact is a stupid idiot - they don't know any more than the rest of us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So, who do you really support?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I agree and i'm happy to give him more time but surely Hughton deserved a chance to change things up a bit and bring in a few players?
Enjoy your retirement Chris

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hughton's style or Potter's style? both very different obviously, but in terms of short term success, l don't think it makes much difference. Many on here seem to have a rosy-eyed view of how good we actually are.

The reality is that we will never be a Liverpool or Manchester City, we aren't as good as Leicester or Wolves, and even the likes of Southampton, Newcastle, and . . . Crystal Palace have stolen a march on us.

Let's face it, after just two seasons in the Premier League we are struggling to survive, and with the players currently available to us, and the finances at our disposal, maybe we are doing well to be still making a fight of it.

Perhaps the Albion were destined to be a yo-yo club, aternating between the top two divisions every few years. Yes maybe my sights are set lower than some, but l'm a realist, we have come a long way in a very short space of time, and am very happy at the progress we have made..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nobody knows. I thought that we needed a couple of very good CMs, box to box, capable of controlling games, and capable of arriving at the right time and at speed in the penalty area. Who knows how Hughton would have fared with £50M or £60M spent on a couple of those. Maybe they'd have moved the momentum of the team forward, maybe not. We could be doing quite well, or we could just be carrying on where we left off at the end of the season.

Maybe TB or DA would have had a word about the sort of football wanted; who knows? - and maybe CH would have taken it on board ....... or maybe not. We don't know. Some people may have an opinion one way or the other; but anyone who tries to broadcast their opinion and call it a fact is a stupid idiot - they don't know any more than the rest of us.

Yes all of this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

And who dragged us into that near-relegation situation in the first place, with dire football and players played out-of-position?

albionite

May 20, 2009

Maybe you should worry more if Woy is the right manager for your lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here