Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling strangely positive.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m starting to believe that Tuesday was ‘the low’ and that we’ll sweep the hammers aside with a resounding 3-1 victory come the game.

I’ve got nothing factual, just a feeling that we’re going to be back to our best next time around.

On another note, I love a good old relegation dogfight - the relentless lows, counterbalanced by those rare euphoric highs... I’d much rather we were challenging for Europe obviously, but I’d take this rollercoaster vs a mid table yawn fest... just me? Oh well ...

Bring it on!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope you’re right. I have recovered from my Tuesday night low somewhat and do also have the nagging feeling we are due a game where all our “good play” and possession pays off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I hope you’re right. I have recovered from my Tuesday night low somewhat and do also have the nagging feeling we are due a game where all our “good play” and possession pays off.

Tuesday was poor, but if you showed 100 people the stats (minus the result) 99 would have plumped for an Albion win. What went wrong? Mistakes, failure to take chances and a MOM performance from their GK. however, we defended very poorly - this needs to improve, as we’ve all said - I don’t think we’re a poor team, just having a blip.

It will come good.

West Ham will fancy this, against a ‘team like Brighton’ arrogant, entitled bunch of bitches - just the sort of club we tend to beat.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I had that feeling after the 5-0 to Bournemouth last year

I felt so positive that after the game I went online and got a ticket for the Cardiff match immediately. I then did a day of work, spent 2.5 hours getting to the game and then well... that happened.

Forgive me for not being so positive this time round!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I felt so positive that after the game I went online and got a ticket for the Cardiff match immediately. I then did a day of work, spent 2.5 hours getting to the game and then well... that happened.

Same here, I kept bouncing back, assuming we’d probably overcome Newcastle and Cardiff for example. Wrong.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Fair enough, but l don’t think it’s an entirely fair comparison at all - look at the stats for both those games vs this season... or more pertinently the other night... sure, we sucked but last season (by that point) we were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Same here, I kept bouncing back, assuming we’d probably overcome Newcastle and Cardiff for example. Wrong.

I rather think there is FAR more cause for blind optimism this time around - we were truly shit post Xmas last season, absolutely bloody awful.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Fair enough, but l don’t think it’s an entirely fair comparison at all - look at the stats for both those games vs this season... or more pertinently the other night... sure, we sucked but last season (by that point) we were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

If only all arguments could be undone with every possible use of ' we suck' :laugh:

I am trying to stay positive, but at the same time trying to stop caring so much. I am a dad of 2 in his 30s. I need to stop getting in such a grump when we lose.

I agree about the style of football and us not being as sucky as the bunch last year. However, I will brag about a result if we snatch a cheeky 1-0 when being battered, so take a loss as a big negative despite the stats being favourable. I am a particularly negative person with sport. I blame years of Brighton and England football and English cricket

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Everyone should watch the highlights v Bournemouth on Seagulls player. Yes we should have beaten a team below us and at their lowest ebb of the season but although we defended poorly and Bournemouth done a Leicester, Sheffield United on us we actually had a lot of shots on goal. I was right royally peed off at the result but we just need the rub of the green. Maupay actually played quite well he must be wondering what he can do to score.
Yes we are in a relegation dogfight now but we are not relegated yet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everyone should watch the highlights v Bournemouth on Seagulls player. Yes we should have beaten a team below us and at their lowest ebb of the season but although we defended poorly and Bournemouth done a Leicester, Sheffield United on us we actually had a lot of shots on goal. I was right royally peed off at the result but we just need the rub of the green. Maupay actually played quite well he must be wondering what he can do to score.
Yes we are in a relegation dogfight now but we are not relegated yet.

I’ve said it elsewhere but if that Bournemouth game was played out 100 tines, we’d win more than we’d lose.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I blame January. We've never won a premier league game in January so I've read, so I'm full of the optimism of February:)
Well thank god January will be over by the time we next kick a ball then.... I think our failure to defend corners/set pieces this season has been part of our undoing. Last season we scored a few from corners and defended them well. Last season we used a different central defensive pairing, perhaps it’s time to revert to that pairing again to see if these stats improve

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I’ve said it elsewhere but if that Bournemouth game was played out 100 tines, we’d win more than we’d lose.

You did Bozza, you did. With all the gloom on here, only watching on who scored.com :wink: supporters, rightly, berating the team for all possession and little end product, Potters team found out AGAIN by fast counter attacking football i was caught up in the ' we are fooking useless' negative vibes. Now a few hours later i have settled down and look at it in a slightly more positive light. Now dont get me wrong we are in a real dogfight and even good results against Hammers and Watford will only relieve the pressure untill the next defeat but we are not beaten yet.
Many more ups and downs yet peeps.:clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm certainly not as downhearted, doom and gloom as many on here.

Although come back to me when the window slams shut, my opinion then may differ.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I do as well.

I was very annoyed Tuesday and Wednesday.

There’s plenty I don’t agree with tactically, and team selection wise, but for 30 minutes we were okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes after dust settles and looking back now firstly I would rather be us than Bournemouth that's for sure they were shocking really really poor and won through our bad play rather than their good play. West ham another wounded animal and if we start as we did against muff their fans will turn big time and providing we score 1St I think we'll win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You did Bozza, you did. With all the gloom on here, only watching on who scored.com :wink: supporters, rightly, berating the team for all possession and little end product, Potters team found out AGAIN by fast counter attacking football i was caught up in the ' we are fooking useless' negative vibes. Now a few hours later i have settled down and look at it in a slightly more positive light. Now dont get me wrong we are in a real dogfight and even good results against Hammers and Watford will only relieve the pressure untill the next defeat but we are not beaten yet.
Many more ups and downs yet peeps.:clap:

6 points against West Ham and Watford - I’d be very confident that we’re staying up, for many reasons beyond the points themselves. Our bookies relegation odds would lengthen by a huge amount.

0 or 1 point - I’d make us odds on to drop.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I say that this shit run of form is infinitely more enjoyable to watch than the one that started at the same time last season, hopefully we’ll improve on last season’s later results and performances. Tall order I know given the recent results

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here