Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Build a Bonfire at Old Trafford

rrruss

Wandering Seagull

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
My point was not that the song is being sung as previously reported but that they are being criticised in the press today for singing it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My point was not that the song is being sung as previously reported but that they are being criticised in the press today for singing it.

It's more a veiled attack on a BBC journalist. I wonder why the Daily Mail would want to do that?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't know why there is all this fuss about them singing " Build a Bonfire " , I thought all the genuine Reds had left to follow FC United ? .. maybe the new lot of disaffected fans should form another breakaway club ?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Yes heard Ian Dennis lay into them last night for singing that my gosh how many times did the north stand sing about archer and bellotti...it can only be that it's unacceptable in 2020

Tonight Tony Livesey on Five Live was also taking offence - “how can you sing a song about killing people”. That’s the world we live in now, alas.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Don't know why there is all this fuss about them singing " Build a Bonfire " , I thought all the genuine Reds had left to follow FC United ? .. maybe the new lot of disaffected fans should form another breakaway club ?

United FC of Manchester? Could play in Blue and Pink.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Tonight Tony Livesey on Five Live was also taking offence - “how can you sing a song about killing people”. That’s the world we live in now, alas.

If it means banning ‘God Save Our Queen’ which is a song with lyrics glorifying annihilating Britain’s enemies, then I am onboard with his viewpoint.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't stand the mail but what on earth are you on about?

It's one journo who has questioned the chant and he happens to be a BBC journalist. Great opportunity for the mail to highlight another subtle anti-BBC message. It's not really a story.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's one journo who has questioned the chant and he happens to be a BBC journalist. Great opportunity for the mail to highlight another subtle anti-BBC message. It's not really a story.
I disagree. The bbc themselves highlighted the story. I heard a long piece on it on radio five yesterday morning. Nothing in that article criticises the journalist.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I disagree. The bbc themselves highlighted the story. I heard a long piece on it on radio five yesterday morning. Nothing in that article criticises the journalist.

That's because it was already a news story on the back of Ian Dennis's comment and his reply to a tweet.

Classic PR tactic. To generate a story you create a crisis.

I'm sure Ian Dennis does believe that nobody should sing that song, but that alone does not make a story. I haven't seen whether The Daily Mail has run its own op ed on the song. I doubt it. Just stir that pot and let the anti-PC and anti-BBC crew do their thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here