Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Telephone socket

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son has moved into a flat but the previous tenants have ripped out the 2 telephone sockets and left hanging wires Is it a difficult thing to replace or is there an engineer in the HH area that could possibly help. If so please PM me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Son has moved into a flat but the previous tenants have ripped out the 2 telephone sockets and left hanging wires Is it a difficult thing to replace or is there an engineer in the HH area that could possibly help.

Sake! When will it ever end?! Are Ben's Dad, and indeed Ben himself, equally such technological DOTARDS? ???

And... RELAX :smokin:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't forget the right tools for the job

Capture.JPG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Son has moved into a flat but the previous tenants have ripped out the 2 telephone sockets and left hanging wires Is it a difficult thing to replace or is there an engineer in the HH area that could possibly help. If so please PM me.

Is this not the landlord's responsibility ?

They need to establish which company is responsible for the line.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I mean, if you will pay £9.50 for a house what do you expect?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't he just use his mobile phone

I dont know he just said that he wanted to get internet istalled and asked me to look while he was at work. for him to look at later.

I tried a few providers but the only ones who would repair the boxes was BT. Not expensive but their monthly charge for broadband was one of the dearest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Son wants to cross road should he look right left or left right pm me.

There might be a YouTube tutorial that could help.

It's just such a shame something as helpful as Youtube has very limited reach.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dont know he just said that he wanted to get internet istalled and asked me to look while he was at work. for him to look at later.

I tried a few providers but the only ones who would repair the boxes was BT. Not expensive but their monthly charge for broadband was one of the dearest.

I can see why he asked you, fountain of knowledge :)

I’m starting to wonder if your son might not be giving you pointless tasks to keep you occupied / out from under their feet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can see why he asked you, fountain of knowledge :)

I’m starting to wonder if your son might be giving you pointless tasks to keep you occupied?

Doubt it:-

"Dad of Ben's dad, there's a tiny dent in my car, can you take a quick look while I'm at work:-

FatherTed1.jpg

"No problem Dad of Ben, leave it with me"

3~Father~Ted~Rover.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here