Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] iF we do go down, who leaves?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just to add another puddle of speculative misery to the ocean of it we have on here at the moment, who do you think will be off to pastures new if we do drop? Excluding Potter.

For me, these will absolutely be off:

Dunk
Propper
Stephens

Possible departures:
Ryan
Jahanbakhsh
Trossard

Could it be more? Maupay? Burn might have caught the attention of some lower table clubs.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Half our fans, if the response lately is anything to go by.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Definite;
Trossard
Gross
Dunk
Propper

Possible;
Stephens
Bernardo
Ryan
Maupay
Montoya

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just to add another puddle of speculative misery to the ocean of it we have on here at the moment, who do you think will be off to pastures new if we do drop? Excluding Potter.

For me, these will absolutely be off:

Dunk
Propper
Stephens

Possible departures:
Ryan
Jahanbakhsh
Trossard

Could it be more? Maupay? Burn might have caught the attention of some lower table clubs.

Quite possibly all of these, in which case, we would be engaged in massive team rebuilding exercise, and in turn probably languish mid-table (or worse) until the right players had been brought in and had gelled.

Of course, we would also be a much less attractive option for many potential signings too.

Which is why it is absolutely essential that we don't get relegated, and therefore why we must make a couple of decent signings before the end of next week (and definitely not more ones-for-the-future who ae immediately loaned out to a lower league club), improve the performance (or confidence?) of our current players, start playing a more consistent and settled team each week, and actually play players in their proper or best positions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dunk is the only definite - he's by far our most valuable player. Probably see offers accepted for 3-4 more, but the demand for players that have made up the squad of a relegated team tends to be fairly low.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Duffy, Mooy, Bissouma, Propper, Groß, Trossard, Jahankabash, Izquierdo

Clubs might try to tempt White, Alzate etc away too but if not then we could actually have a pretty exciting team next year

NewGK
Webster - Duffy - White
Alzate - Mooy - Molumby - Bernardo
Connolly - Maupay - March​

It’s never easy to bounce back up, but the quality of the championship is pretty f*cking low atm. Would be fairly confident of a top 6 finish with Potter in charge.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If we go down then I would make them all stay as a punishment for taking us down.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
massive massive clear out , all big earners off the books , a lot will be expected of the youth to step up.

Struggle of a season

IMO

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bloody merchants of doom, won't it be awful for you if we stay up .... which we will!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stephens should be packed off now IMHO. Timid player, always hides where fight is required. Always prefers the sideways or backward pass to the positive forward pass. Last relic of the Hughton anti-football era, and a significant part of the present problem IMHO

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Stephens should be packed off now IMHO. Timid player, always hides where fight is required. Always prefers the sideways or backward pass to the positive forward pass. Last relic of the Hughton anti-football era, and a significant part of the present problem IMHO

Thanks for your contribution

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think one or two who you wouldn’t expect to stay on will stay on. I don’t think we will have a total firesale.

However it will represent a new era for us.

Many of the players we have out on loan now are likely to be in the squad. Ostigard, Gyokeres, Molumby, Walton. In addition, we could see players like Gwargis, Richards, Cochrane and Roberts get game time

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Webster, Montoya, Bernardo, Gross, Stephen's,Propper ,March, Jahanbaksh. Maupay. Probably a few others. We will start the following season with Button, Burn, Balogun, Bong ,Izquierdo, Macallister, Mooy, Murray and Connolly. It may need some work

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sorry Dale, nothong personal :shrug:

I mean, I do look forward, but then there’s all these opponents there. I’ve got to think of my pass completion rate as well. My bonus depends on it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here