Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] the points gap is becoming a chasm.

Amazing table tonight after Burnley shock Manu. we are 15th, FIVE points behind the next team Newcastle who incidentally are one of 5 teams now on 30 points . Newcastle are only FOUR points off fifth placed United..

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Amazing table tonight after Burnley shock Manu. we are 15th, FIVE points behind the next team Newcastle who incidentally are one of 5 teams now on 30 points . Newcastle are only FOUR points off fifth placed United..

will make the West Ham six pointer even more poignant. No pressure!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Easy tiger - I've already copyrighted the use of the word chasm in this context.

A Burnley win would open up a CHASM above us, and makes it look very much like 2-from-5 for the drop (I'm writing Norwich off)...

View attachment 119366

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Newcastle have been incredibly lucky to get 4 points from their last two games when they deserved nothing. Their luck will run out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All the more reason for our players to up the ante and win a few games

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Amazing? No. it's bloody horrible - we're now five points adrift of the teams who aren't stuck in a relegation dogfight. We could win the next two (although we probably won't - we're up against new manager bounce in both) and still not move up a place.
I haven't lost faith (quite) but we're really in it up to our necks now.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Amazing? No. it's bloody horrible - we're now five points adrift of the teams who aren't stuck in a relegation dogfight. We could win the next two (although we probably won't - we're up against new manager bounce in both) and still not move up a place.
I haven't lost faith (quite) but we're really in it up to our necks now.

Although another way of looking at it is if we beat West Ham there will only be a two point gap as at least one of those teams on 30 is certain to lose.

We do NEED a win though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is where we come good.

I'm beginning to actually believe the squad has some kind of imposter syndrome in the Premier League.

For two and a half seasons they've scratched around 4th from bottom.
At the point the chasm TM begins to open, the team gets its poop together, wins a couple and hauls itself into the position of 'one more win from safety'.

But that win never comes.
The imposter syndrome kicks in again and they tumble back down the table.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Of the teams cut adrift, I can see West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth getting out. Now that is very concerning!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well and truly sucked into the sh1t fight now, time to dig in.

Clutching at straw, but less likely Burnley will need points on the final day, should it come to that

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of the teams cut adrift, I can see West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth getting out. Now that is very concerning!
This!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Relegation looks likely to be 3 from the current bottom 6. Good news is we still have to play West Ham, Watford, and Norwich. Must win these 3.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sounds about right. We are still a bottom 5 squad, and have been our whole time in this division. Struggling to think of anyone, except Palace, to have had a less impressive set of strikers than we currently have, where our depth is paper-thin. At the moment it's a bottom 6, but I expect Wet Sham to pull out of that, leaving the 5 worst teams in this division to battle it out for 2 survival places.

All sounding very familiar, not sure where the shock is. Yes, it's a better team and squad this season, but only marginally.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We have a huge liability on any one of those 5 teams going on a Southampton / Newcastle / Burnley style run to get up into mid table.

The next few months are going to be horrible…. Or brilliant, depending on whether you enjoy relegation battles or not.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don’t know if I’m the first to have these thoughts or not, apologies if they’ve been mentioned.

We could do with signing a goalscorer and we could do with winning a few games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here