Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980

Thread: Duffy

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once he was sitting on the bench nobody was going to pay a fee and his contract.
    I reckon his dismal display at Celtic this season is more likely than that....
    900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
    Steve Parish - CPFC2010

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      While the results weren't great - McCarthy got Ireland to the play-off - Kenny was in charge for the play-off game against Slovakia which ended 0-0 (a poor game where Ireland were the better team) and Slovakia won 4-2 on pens.
      Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
      Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.
      If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.
      Duffy at his best is streets ahead of Egan, and O'Shea is way over the hill.
      Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Duffy at his best is streets ahead of Egan, and O'Shea is way over the hill.
      Think he is referring to Dara O'Shea. John is indeed a bit over the hill, considering he stopped playing two years ago.