Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980 LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #781
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,695


    0 Not allowed!
    We need to get rid. He needs to go for his own benefit. Never was a Potter player.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #782
      A tad aggressive.
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Not in Whitechapel
      Posts
      3,150


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is a discussion forum - most of the discussion is based on opinion, speculation and guesswork - I try and back up my assertions with evidence - most people on the forum do not.
      And most of us post on here because we support Brighton, rather than because we’re under the delusion that if we w*nk off Chris Hughton enough online he might reach out and let us sniff his gusset. So that’s two ways you differ from the norm on here.
      They Love You When You’re Dead
    • #783
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      17,643


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We need to get rid. He needs to go for his own benefit. Never was a Potter player.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not sure l'm keen on the phrase "get rid" when it comes to big Shane, he was something of a cult hero just a few short years ago.

      I do take your point though, it is time for hime to be moved on.
    • #784

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That is pretty much the style attempted under McCarthy, and we are not at the Euros.
      While the results weren't great - McCarthy got Ireland to the play-off - Kenny was in charge for the play-off game against Slovakia which ended 0-0 (a poor game where Ireland were the better team) and Slovakia won 4-2 on pens.
    • #785

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm SHOCKED that you could say such a thing about JRG. He only deals in FACTS.
      ah now GB - trying to put words in my mouth again
    • #786

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A player who looked undroppable under CH who has since struggled to find a move to another premier league club
      Once he was sitting on the bench nobody was going to pay a fee and his contract.
    • #787
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      GOSBTS
      Posts
      19,148


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once he was sitting on the bench nobody was going to pay a fee and his contract.
      I reckon his dismal display at Celtic this season is more likely than that....
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
    • #788
      Aberystwyth Town FC ATFC Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      (North) Portslade
      Posts
      5,281


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      While the results weren't great - McCarthy got Ireland to the play-off - Kenny was in charge for the play-off game against Slovakia which ended 0-0 (a poor game where Ireland were the better team) and Slovakia won 4-2 on pens.
      Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

      Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.
      Founding member of the Brighton and Hove Albion - Republic of Ireland Supporter's Club: COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!
      "You can't talk to the sheep - he's a liar!"
    • #789

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

      Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.
      If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.
    • #790
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      17,643


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.
      Duffy at his best is streets ahead of Egan, and O'Shea is way over the hill.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •