Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980 LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #761
    Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    16,810

    Duffy


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Lynam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got Burnley written all over it if the sell one of their CBs.
    If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, Iím hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #762
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      39,242


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, Iím hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?
      Would still show a reasonable profit on him though, bearing in mind we also apparently got quite a hefty loan fee from Celtic.
    • #763
      Pro-peace
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      16,566


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, I’m hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?
      Yes. On the current market I dont think there's any money to get out of him other than getting rid of his wage.
    • #764
      Wildlife Photographer Badger Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      2,261


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, Iím hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?
      No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.
    • #765
      Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      16,810


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.
      I'm not changing my opinion that he is a fantastic player in a team playing a low block with no ambitions around grabbing impressive possession stats. Under Potter or playing for Celtic, he has got to move and pass, under Dyche, he'd absolutely thrive. If the Rep Of Ireland played football like Sweden with Duffy as their lynch-pin, they'd be playing in the current Euros.
    • #766
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Didsbury, Manchester
      Posts
      5,927


      1 Not allowed!
      I expect he'll move on for a nominal fee. Can see us getting much more than a token 2 mil for him. Maybe to Burnley, Forest, Sheff United or someone like that.
    • #767

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      All these figures being thrown about makes me smile, the reality is, as you say, is that none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning.

      Just a "guesstimate" is correct.
      "none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning"

      Yes we do!
    • #768

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      "none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning"

      Yes we do!
      I know that theyíre probably earning more than me and most of us on here. Does that help?
    • #769

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sirnormangall View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I know that they’re probably earning more than me and most of us on here. Does that help?
      I don't need help but thanks. I only need help with things I don't know the answer to
    • #770

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't need help but thanks. I only need help with things I don't know the answer to
      Yes, I agree that we probably know roughly what they earn. Will be interesting to see how sustainable it is and our focus on youth is probably the best business model for the vast majority of clubs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •