Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980 LastLast

Thread: Duffy

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Man Clay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because people say it on here doesnít make it true.
    Blasphemy!
    Graham Potter & his all-passing, no-scoring performance art project.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Wildlife Photographer Badger Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Just because it didn't work out at Celtic, it wasn't a mistake to go there. Hindsight is 20/20 but he wanted to play for Celtic, the opportunity arose. It would have been a mistake not to have gone at the time but it's a real shame it went so badly wrong for him.

Not the club. I was quite pleased how badly they did last season, but it's a shame for Shane.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ecosse Exile View Post
      Totally agree with the first part of your reply, Celtic was the wrong choice but try telling that to big Shane a year ago, the team he supports, who's fan base at the time already adored him European football and probably a better than 50% chance of creating history by winning 10 in a row, you cant blame him for wanting that. Even if Brighton had entertained the idea of a move to West Brom or West Ham who were rumoured to be interested, Shane would still have taken the loan at Celtic in my opinion.

The second part, might just be me wishing him the best, but another loan to a club with no emotional attachment and a style that suits him better and i think he will come good again, i hope Chris Hughton will be interested but Chris was badly let down at Brighton in his final season by quite a few players in my opinion, i guess it would depend if he feels Shane was one of them.
      Duffy was PotS in 2018/19, and scored five or six. He was excellent in CH's deep block style of play, but most of his clearances went straight back to the opposition, which continued to invite them on to us.
      Beside his poor (at PL level) passing ability, he's also slow, which means that he's completely unsuited to Potter's style of play. As @Doc Lynam has said, he'd work for Burnley (maybe Palace or Watford too), but the best thing for all parties is if he moves elsewhere. He's going to get very little game time with us.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Duffy was PotS in 2018/19, and scored five or six. He was excellent in CH's deep block style of play, but most of his clearances went straight back to the opposition, which continued to invite them on to us.
      Beside his poor (at PL level) passing ability, he's also slow, which means that he's completely unsuited to Potter's style of play. As @Doc Lynam has said, he'd work for Burnley (maybe Palace or Watford too), but the best thing for all parties is if he moves elsewhere. He's going to get very little game time with us.
      As i said before, i think he will bounce back, probably not with us though. I agree, he doesn't suit our style of play at all anymore.
      In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

Duffy

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc Lynam View Post
      Got Burnley written all over it if the sell one of their CBs.
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, Iím hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, Iím hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?
      Would still show a reasonable profit on him though, bearing in mind we also apparently got quite a hefty loan fee from Celtic.
      Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, I’m hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?
      Yes. On the current market I dont think there's any money to get out of him other than getting rid of his wage.
      Wildlife Photographer Badger Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger Boy View Post
      No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.
      I'm not changing my opinion that he is a fantastic player in a team playing a low block with no ambitions around grabbing impressive possession stats. Under Potter or playing for Celtic, he has got to move and pass, under Dyche, he'd absolutely thrive. If the Rep Of Ireland played football like Sweden with Duffy as their lynch-pin, they'd be playing in the current Euros.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I expect he'll move on for a nominal fee. Can see us getting much more than a token 2 mil for him. Maybe to Burnley, Forest, Sheff United or someone like that.