Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #741

    0 Not allowed!
    I suspect Adam is the highest paid technically because he was a free transfer so as to keep him within the wage structure he would probably have been given around £2m signing on fee plus £55k a week salary , effectively making him the highest paid player if you add the £2m ish to the length of his contract .

    Dunk on £55k plus win bonuses built into new contract .

    Everyone else in the first team squad between £35-50k

    That’s just my guesstimate .

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #742

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Clive Walker View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Dunk is on the same wages as Lallana, whatever that is.
      I agree Dunk will be a top wage earner but I don't believe TB would ever allow some sort of 'match top earner' clause. I think realistically, they are as rare as 'pay as you play' contracts, 'player swap' deals and the Albion getting a goal going in off the woodwork
    • #743
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      38,210


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suspect Adam is the highest paid technically because he was a free transfer so as to keep him within the wage structure he would probably have been given around £2m signing on fee plus £55k a week salary , effectively making him the highest paid player if you add the £2m ish to the length of his contract .

      Dunk on £55k plus win bonuses built into new contract .

      Everyone else in the first team squad between £35-50k

      Thatís just my guesstimate .
      No idea re the numbers but suspect your theory is correct. People are too focused on 'weekly wage' rather than 'cost of contract' - measure is 'total compensation' not wages. As @Clive Walker states, suggesting Duffy is in a higher pay tier than Dunk (who has a newer contract than Duffy) is bound to be incorrect.
      Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'
    • #744
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,271


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suspect Adam is the highest paid technically because he was a free transfer so as to keep him within the wage structure he would probably have been given around £2m signing on fee plus £55k a week salary , effectively making him the highest paid player if you add the £2m ish to the length of his contract .

      Dunk on £55k plus win bonuses built into new contract .

      Everyone else in the first team squad between £35-50k

      That’s just my guesstimate .
      All these figures being thrown about makes me smile, the reality is, as you say, is that none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning.

      Just a "guesstimate" is correct.
    • #745

      0 Not allowed!
      Whens his contract up?
    • #746

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hampster Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Whens his contract up?
      End of June 2023 according to the internet.
    • #747
      Why Did You Let It Bounce
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      7,587


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suspect Adam is the highest paid technically because he was a free transfer so as to keep him within the wage structure he would probably have been given around £2m signing on fee plus £55k a week salary , effectively making him the highest paid player if you add the £2m ish to the length of his contract .

      Dunk on £55k plus win bonuses built into new contract .

      Everyone else in the first team squad between £35-50k

      Thatís just my guesstimate .
      Certainly agree with the view that we'd have offered Lallana a large signing on bonus to offset a drop in wages to bring him into line with our wage structure, the fact we were offering him a three year deal as well would have helped our offer look better too.

      There is no way we'd have created a massive disparity between Adam and the rest of the squad, especially if we have Dunk on a deal where he's always the top paid (or within a certain percentage of the top wage earner). Lallana is good but he isn't that good that he's worth destroying a wage structure for, especially when there are question marks over his injury record.

      It just doesn't fit with how Tony seems to do business or run the club.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo
    • #748

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      JRG put himself in a corner with talking about wages initially looking more like "facts" rather than the guesswork it is. Lot of horsey as well. BW is obviously not earning £6k a week for example. Not a chance in hell he would have accepted that deal after being chased by Leeds for £25m or whatever it was.
      Let's be clear - this is not the first time that there has been a discussion about the contracts the players have on this forum - it has come up on several occasions and I have been utterly consistent in pointing out that we do not know the terms of the contracts that players have, that any claims about the terms of such contracts are speculation and educated guesswork. I base all my comments on the terms of such contracts on researching sources and trying to find those sources that seem to be the most credible - but at the end of the day nobody knows except those that are actually involved in such contracts.

      This is a discussion forum - most of the discussion is based on opinion, speculation and guesswork - I try and back up my assertions with evidence - most people on the forum do not.

      This thread is about Duffy and the discussion has revolved around the prospect of him being sold for a fee - the wages of Dunk and White and anyone else are really a side issue. Duffy is being paid a substantial wage - he has two years left on his contract and because of that he will be very hard to move out of the club unless the club eats at least a proportion of his remaining contract. Duffy has no incentive to move, thereby taking a significant pay-cut - and I don't blame him. He is almost 30 years old and seems to be in decline - the guy is due to make about £5million before the end of his contract - would anyone on here voluntarily give up half (or more) of that so that the club could make or save some money?
    • #749
      Members Surf's Up's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Here
      Posts
      9,338


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Let's be clear - this is not the first time that there has been a discussion about the contracts the players have on this forum - it has come up on several occasions and I have been utterly consistent in pointing out that we do not know the terms of the contracts that players have, that any claims about the terms of such contracts are speculation and educated guesswork. I base all my comments on the terms of such contracts on researching sources and trying to find those sources that seem to be the most credible - but at the end of the day nobody knows except those that are actually involved in such contracts.

      This is a discussion forum - most of the discussion is based on opinion, speculation and guesswork - I try and back up my assertions with evidence - most people on the forum do not.

      This thread is about Duffy and the discussion has revolved around the prospect of him being sold for a fee - the wages of Dunk and White and anyone else are really a side issue. Duffy is being paid a substantial wage - he has two years left on his contract and because of that he will be very hard to move out of the club unless the club eats at least a proportion of his remaining contract. Duffy has no incentive to move, thereby taking a significant pay-cut - and I don't blame him. He is almost 30 years old and seems to be in decline - the guy is due to make about £5million before the end of his contract - would anyone on here voluntarily give up half (or more) of that so that the club could make or save some money?
      It may be the case that the reasons he appears to be in decline are based on the fact that he didn't fit in with Potterball (not his fault) and on a season spent with a club that have experienced an untypically poor season (by their standards). Others on here have suggested, and I tend to agree, that there are certain managers (e.g. Dyche, Warnock, Allardyce) who play in a way much better suited to Duffy's game. I think Duffy's level was always circa upper championship/lower PL and to that extent I don't think he's declined - that is still his level.
      برايتون حتى أموت
    • #750

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf's Up View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It may be the case that the reasons he appears to be in decline are based on the fact that he didn't fit in with Potterball (not his fault) and on a season spent with a club that have experienced an untypically poor season (by their standards). Others on here have suggested, and I tend to agree, that there are certain managers (e.g. Dyche, Warnock, Allardyce) who play in a way much better suited to Duffy's game. I think Duffy's level was always circa upper championship/lower PL and to that extent I don't think he's declined - that is still his level.
      I would judge his decline against the players he is competing with in the Irish team. He was top dog at CB for several years and is now behind Clark (Newcastle), O'Shea (WBA) and Egan (Sheff Utd) - and falling behind Collins (Stoke - although likely to be Burnley next season) and Omobamidele (Norwich - and Duffy would only be ahead of him because he is an 18 year old kid). It looks like Hughton isn't even interested in bringing him into Forest if they lose Worrall.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •