Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #61
    34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Soon to be far away.
    Posts
    16,459


    7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

    I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....
    Webster is miles behind Duffy in terms of actually defending, heís not particularly strong in the air, isnít very physical, canít track a runner to save his life, isnít actually anywhere near as good at distributing the ball as people think, but he does have a nice touch and squares a mean 10 yard pass to Dunk.
    What?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Hurst Green
      Posts
      13,682


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

      I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....
      Ok. My half minds eye sees it different at the moment.
      ďFROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.Ē

      ARE YOU THICK? It's etc not ect FFS
    • #63
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,459


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

      I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....
      Dunk was criticised because the Selhurst red card was a rash tackle very early on, I donít recall him receiving much criticism for his defensive ability.
      What?
    • #64
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Webster is miles behind Duffy in terms of actually defending, heís not particularly strong in the air, isnít very physical, canít track a runner to save his life, isnít actually anywhere near as good at distributing the ball as people think, but he does have a nice touch and squares a mean 10 yard pass to Dunk.


      This is simply unbelievable. How can you even put them in the same bracket? Webster is clearly better than Duffy. Look at the league table, only 5 teams below the top 4 have conceded less than us and 4 of those teams occupy 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place. Incredible achievement by us considering how shite Webster is......
    • #65
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Dunk was criticised because the Selhurst red card was a rash tackle very early on, I donít recall him receiving much criticism for his defensive ability.
      I suppose you're going to say everyone rated Wood and Barnes when they were here too?
    • #66
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      13,223


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagullwedgee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No, this cannot be true..... surely not.....
      Out for the season ?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #67
      A tad aggressive.
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Not in Whitechapel
      Posts
      3,003


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've heard Duffy to West ham as I have said on a previous thread.
      Yes, but you’d heard Mooy was pretending to be injured so he could sort a move to China so I’ll take what you say with an Everest of salt.

      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Things that make me doubt this is true

      West Ham are only just below us and are one of a small number of direct rivals for relegation
      Burn's injury
      Webster's form
      Dunk's yellow card situation
      White's Premier League inexperience
      The fact that we wouldn't get much up front money for a loan
      An already uneasy relationship between club and fans

      Things which make me think it could be plausible

      We've done stupid stuff like getting rid of players we need because of perceived playing style already this season
      Duffy needs to play, so i'm sure he would like a move
      He gave the fans a big clap last night
      Here’s another reason to think it’s not true.

      The thread was started by a sad, lonely man who tries to feel the gaping void that is his life by pretending to be ITK about Brighton on NSC. He’s been wrong time and time again, most famously “Bloom is going to sue Kick It Out” and most recently “We are signing Samatta.”

      I’m actually starting to think it’s all an elaborate wind up, because no one man can be so full of complete and utter guff.
      They Love You When Youíre Dead
    • #68
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,459


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I suppose you're going to say everyone rated Wood and Barnes when they were here too?
      Erm, well I actually did rate them
      What?
    • #69
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      72,324


      0 Not allowed!
      If GP lets him sign for West Ham and help keep them up then they deserve all that they get ie relegation.
    • #70
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Erm, well I actually did rate them
      Oh right, I guess that means everyone else did too?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •