Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #671

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duffy is one of the highest paid players at Brighton
    Because when he signed in 2016, he definitely had clauses to Match Dunk's annual increase, White, Webster, Lallana, Maupay and Welbeck. What on earth makes you say something like that

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #672
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      20,852


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Duffy is one of the highest paid players at Brighton
      I'd be very surprised if that's the case. He may have been when he signed but we will have signed players on higher wages since he was consigned to the bench and lower. In Potter's first season he only made 12 starts in the Prem. I would suspect that whilst the likes of Dunk will have clauses automatically matching higher salaries I doubt that would apply to a player out on loan.
    • #673

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      MOM last night for Ireland.

      https://www.the42.ie/shane-duffy-on-...61277-Jun2021/

      Problem with inconsistent form is that could be a once-off.
      Whoever picked Duffy as MOTM against Hungary must not have watched the game (or maybe he promised them a few pints after the match). Egan and O'Shea were head and shoulders above him at the back (O'Shea would have been my MOTM - didn't put a foot wrong all night and pinged some good passes out of defence - after him, both goalies, Bazunu and Kelleher, played exceptionally well). Duffy had one good block during the game. However, he panicked every time the ball was at his feet and he was constantly caught for pace - dragging down attackers when they got passed him. He almost caused two goals by panicking - once when the ball was passed back to him in the box by Molumby (who should have known better), instead of hoofing it out, he kicked it straight to a Hungarian who forced a fantastic double save from Kelleher to keep it scoreless. Ireland drew that game not because of Duffy, but in spite of him.
    • #674

      0 Not allowed!
      Jack Grealish Declan Rice 🤔
      Tony Cascarino Andy Townsend 🤔

      International qualification rules are somewhat fluid

      The Irish situation is essentially religious bigotry carried over from long ago Still alive and kicking in Glasgow sadly
    • #675

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'd be very surprised if that's the case. He may have been when he signed but we will have signed players on higher wages since he was consigned to the bench and lower. In Potter's first season he only made 12 starts in the Prem. I would suspect that whilst the likes of Dunk will have clauses automatically matching higher salaries I doubt that would apply to a player out on loan.
      Duffy signed a five year contract in 2018 for £45K a week.

      Lallana is the highest paid player at Brighton - because he was a free transfer - he's on about £90K a week. After that the next players are on £50K a week - Jahanbakhsh, Webster and Gross. Duffy is in the next tier with Wellbeck, Dunk, Propper and Maupay. White has a very small contract - something like £300K a year until 2023.
    • #676

      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Duffy signed a five year contract in 2018 for £45K a week.

      Lallana is the highest paid player at Brighton - because he was a free transfer - he's on about £90K a week. After that the next players are on £50K a week - Jahanbakhsh, Webster and Gross. Duffy is in the next tier with Wellbeck, Dunk, Propper and Maupay. White has a very small contract - something like £300K a year until 2023.
      You are either a very senior tax specialist in the south east, who has a number of significant clients or somebody who spends too much time on the Internet. I'm really not sure which
    • #677
      Members AZ Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Phoenix, Az
      Posts
      9,778


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Duffy signed a five year contract in 2018 for £45K a week.

      Lallana is the highest paid player at Brighton - because he was a free transfer - he's on about £90K a week. After that the next players are on £50K a week - Jahanbakhsh, Webster and Gross. Duffy is in the next tier with Wellbeck, Dunk, Propper and Maupay. White has a very small contract - something like £300K a year until 2023.
      Given that White's contract runs until 2024, does that mean that he agreed to play for free in the final year? He goes up in my estimation even more.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah. Nailed it, again
    • #678
      Why Did You Let It Bounce
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      8,306


      7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are either a very senior tax specialist in the south east, who has a number of significant clients or somebody who spends too much time on the Internet. I'm really not sure which
      Those figures look like they come straight from the spotrac.com website which has been rubbished quite a few times on here as nonsense. Plus saying Ben White is on a contract until 2023, when he signed a new 4 year deal which would have included a substantial pay rise shows that itís utter rubbish. Dunk, the club captain earning less than Adam Webster, not in a million years.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo
    • #679
      Members AZ Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Phoenix, Az
      Posts
      9,778


      8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Those figures look like they come straight from the spotrac.com website which has been rubbished quite a few times on here as nonsense. Plus saying Ben White is on a contract until 2023, when he signed a new 4 year deal which would have included a substantial pay rise shows that itís utter rubbish. Dunk, the club captain earning less than Adam Webster, not in a million years.
      Are you trying to suggest @Jolly Red Giant is spouting rubbish?
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah. Nailed it, again
    • #680

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Duffy signed a five year contract in 2018 for £45K a week.

      Lallana is the highest paid player at Brighton - because he was a free transfer - he's on about £90K a week. After that the next players are on £50K a week - Jahanbakhsh, Webster and Gross. Duffy is in the next tier with Wellbeck, Dunk, Propper and Maupay. White has a very small contract - something like £300K a year until 2023.
      You think Ben White is on £6,000 a week?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •