Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #661
    Back From The Dead The Wookiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    13,777


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would Burnley go in for him given he's...y'know...foreign?
    Why wouldn’t they ?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #662
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,342


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Glad to see he had a good game and hope its the first of many both for him and for us as we might be able to get a decent price for him.
      I get the feeling that Shane will always do well for his adopted country, The Republic have always been a fairly physical team, at least under their recent managerial set up.

      A simplistic way of putting it, but heading it, kicking it, and blocking it, is Shane to a tee, (with a little skill of course), and what he does best.

      Just a shame they don't pay his wages, and he can't play for them every week.
    • #663
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,342


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would Burnley go in for him given he's...y'know...foreign?
      Ashley Barnes qualifies to play for Austria, Chris Wood is a Kiwi, there are other examples too.
    • #664
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      11,333


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I get the feeling that Shane will always do well for his adopted country, The Republic have always been a fairly physical team, at least under their recent managerial set up.

      A simplistic way of putting it, but heading it, kicking it, and blocking it, is Shane to a tee, (with a little skill of course), and what he does best.

      Just a shame they don't pay his wages, and he can't play for them every week.
      Adopted?
    • #665
      Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      14,691


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Totally agree. I called a while ago that Duffy would be a monster at Burnley, he’s perfect for them.

      However it’s questionable if we want to help improve Burnley’s back line like that.
      He’d be brilliant in the Premier League for any team that employs a low block gambling that they get one or two touches in the opposition’s penalty area and score from them.

      Certainly the likes of Watford, Palace, Burnley and even Newcastle would be improved by having him in their team if he can rediscover his Brighton form (I don’t recall many poor games from the big man when he was playing for us).

      If he signs for Palace however, a part of me will die (and another part will perish when he inevitably scores against us).
    • #666
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,342


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Adopted?
      He was born in Northern Ireland.
    • #667

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Adopted?
      I guess its a reference of the fact that Shane was born in Derry in Northern Ireland and played for them at youth international level.
      But his late father is from Ireland - and he switched to playing for them at adult level.
    • #668
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,342


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If he signs for Palace however, a part of me will die (and another part will perish when he inevitably scores against us).
      I wouldn't rule it out, as you say he would suit Palarse's style very well, and they are looking for a new back four for next season.
    • #669
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,342


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess its a reference of the fact that Shane was born in Derry in Northern Ireland and played for them at youth international level.
      But his late father is from Ireland - and he switched to playing for them at adult level.
      Exactly that.
    • #670
      "Members"
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      Mid mid mid Sussex
      Posts
      6,306


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ashley Barnes qualifies to play for Austria, Chris Wood is a Kiwi, there are other examples too.
      Isn't Chris Wood their Designated Overseas Player, like in cricket?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •