Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great to see him on the lap after the game, still good mates with Dunky, larking about.

Still love the bloke. (in a manly man-to-man way...)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I quite like that the club have posted a picture or two of him already on their pages. Welcoming him back into the fold and a subtle reminder he's a Brighton player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I quite like that the club have posted a picture or two of him already on their pages. Welcoming him back into the fold and a subtle reminder he's a Brighton player.

What I hope is that he gets a decent move to a decent club and he gets the first team football he deserves.

If he stays, get's a squad number, plays the cups and and has the odd cameo in the league, that works for me too.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Not at those wages and I’m pretty sure SD would like to be playing
I really don’t think he s like that Dutch lummox whose name escapes that was at Chelski years ago
Who was a perennial bench warmer Winston Bogarde maybe ?
Just looked £40000 a week 11 appearances over 4 years

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What I hope is that he gets a decent move to a decent club and he gets the first team football he deserves.

If he stays, get's a squad number, plays the cups and and has the odd cameo in the league, that works for me too.

Whilst very much hoping that former works out for him, still a very good player for the right sort of cub, albeit probably in the Championship now, I really can't see him wearing an Albion shirt again.

Not a Potter player, and no room for sentiment in football, as we all know.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If Burnley sell Tarkowski, I think they'll come in and get Shane Duffy. Which would guarantee him scoring against us at least once. We should get on the blower to Chris at Forest and see what sort of deal we can strike to keep him out of the PL.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Burnley sell Tarkowski, I think they'll come in and get Shane Duffy. Which would guarantee him scoring against us at least once. We should get on the blower to Chris at Forest and see what sort of deal we can strike to keep him out of the PL.

Chris, and the Forest board, will know what Big Shane can do, we certainly don't have to "sell" his abilities to them. They know where to come if they are interested, and if they can afford him of course.

We will try to get him off the payroll if possible, but maybe some sort of loan with an option to buy might be acceptable to both parties.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Totally agree. I called a while ago that Duffy would be a monster at Burnley, he’s perfect for them.

However it’s questionable if we want to help improve Burnley’s back line like that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Glad to see he had a good game and hope its the first of many both for him and for us as we might be able to get a decent price for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would Burnley go in for him given he's...y'know...foreign?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Chris, and the Forest board, will know what Big Shane can do, we certainly don't have to "sell" his abilities to them. They know where to come if they are interested, and if they can afford him of course.

We will try to get him off the payroll if possible, but maybe some sort of loan with an option to buy might be acceptable to both parties.

I totally agree - my thinking is that Forest would be the ideal place to send him. Big club, a manager we have the utmost respect for, not in the same division we're in and gives the player a chance to rebuild his career again. It might be naive on my behalf, but I hope and think we'll put the player first here.

Totally agree. I called a while ago that Duffy would be a monster at Burnley, he’s perfect for them.

However it’s questionable if we want to help improve Burnley’s back line like that.

I totally agree. He would be excellent there, assuming Dyche stays. Which is why I wouldn't want us to send him there. That being said, I don't think we'd stand in his way if he wanted to make that move and the deal was right - but it wouldn't be our first choice!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Tarkowski is not a Duffy type CB though

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Clearly a good player but needs a good fit. Agree Burnley etc. would be a good move. Or someone like a West Brom? Any ‘big’ Champ club who play a traditional style.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Glad to see he had a good game and hope its the first of many both for him and for us as we might be able to get a decent price for him.

I get the feeling that Shane will always do well for his adopted country, The Republic have always been a fairly physical team, at least under their recent managerial set up.

A simplistic way of putting it, but heading it, kicking it, and blocking it, is Shane to a tee, (with a little skill of course), and what he does best.

Just a shame they don't pay his wages, and he can't play for them every week.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I get the feeling that Shane will always do well for his adopted country, The Republic have always been a fairly physical team, at least under their recent managerial set up.

A simplistic way of putting it, but heading it, kicking it, and blocking it, is Shane to a tee, (with a little skill of course), and what he does best.

Just a shame they don't pay his wages, and he can't play for them every week.

Adopted?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here