Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having watched him for a number of years still think Duffy’s way better then this.

That Celtic team is not set up to his strengths to begin with, plus poor coaching, and now with all the bad results and all the fans piling on you can see the guy’s confidence is shattered.

He needs to move on somewhere else unfortunately.
    Agree totally.

Shane Duffy is a very good defender.

Absolutely no idea what is going at Celtic, but i've seen year's of top performances for us. He's done well for Ireland as well.

He'll come back to us in the summer and we'll find him another loan somewhere. Likely the Championship

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      He made that pass look outstanding.
      Maybe you'd describe me as blinded by hope and deluded in the fantasies weaved by our eight-legged and sinister leader, but so what. I would rather be lost in the half-cocked dreams of those with the power to persuade than be endlessly pressed by the blathering insomniacs who haven't dreamt for a decade or more and feel the need to talk until all those around them drop, and share their misery.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Will rise again at another club. He was unlucky to join a team that is obviously in need of a total rebuild.
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/...CwFtP9TQroJi4A

local press player ratings attributing other defenders shortcomings down to Duffy (and slating him).

Greg Taylor - Committed himself for St Mirren's opener, but Shane Duffy put him in a difficult position. 5

Shane Duffy - Another disaster class from the Irishman. At fault for both St Mirren goals and it's mind-boggling he still has a place in this Celtic side. 2

Nir Bitton - Did well to bring the ball forward that led to Odsonne Edouard's opener, but looks like he has no confidence next to Duffy. 4
      Think of how stupid the average person is....
      ........and realise half of them are stupider than that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Duffy doesn't even make the match day squad anymore.

What a disaster of a move.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by albionalex View Post
      Duffy doesn't even make the match day squad anymore.

What a disaster of a move.
      Never liked the way is name was always so closely linked with booze and parties, never a good tag for a pro footballer to have
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      Never liked the way is name was always so closely linked with booze and parties, never a good tag for a pro footballer to have
      Agreed. However I do think some of these issues probably aren't helped by the sudden death of his father, especially as they seemed very close.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      This, l've seen booze, gambling and drugs, destroy too many careers.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Agreed. However I do think some of these issues probably aren't helped by the sudden death of his father, especially as they seemed very close.
      Without knowing the full facts of the matter, we all lose our parents sooner or later, and that doesn't really wash as an excuse.
      Wildlife Photographer Badger Boy's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      When did that happen? It certainly doesn't help and he's been hung out to dry a little bit this season I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Without knowing the full facts of the matter, we all lose our parents sooner or later, and that doesn't really wash as an excuse.
      Compassion is obviously a particular strength of yours.