Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need to get rid. He needs to go for his own benefit. Never was a Potter player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
This is a discussion forum - most of the discussion is based on opinion, speculation and guesswork - I try and back up my assertions with evidence - most people on the forum do not.

And most of us post on here because we support Brighton, rather than because we’re under the delusion that if we w*nk off Chris Hughton enough online he might reach out and let us sniff his gusset. So that’s two ways you differ from the norm on here.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We need to get rid. He needs to go for his own benefit. Never was a Potter player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure l'm keen on the phrase "get rid" when it comes to big Shane, he was something of a cult hero just a few short years ago.

I do take your point though, it is time for hime to be moved on.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
That is pretty much the style attempted under McCarthy, and we are not at the Euros.

While the results weren't great - McCarthy got Ireland to the play-off - Kenny was in charge for the play-off game against Slovakia which ended 0-0 (a poor game where Ireland were the better team) and Slovakia won 4-2 on pens.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Once he was sitting on the bench nobody was going to pay a fee and his contract.

I reckon his dismal display at Celtic this season is more likely than that....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
While the results weren't great - McCarthy got Ireland to the play-off - Kenny was in charge for the play-off game against Slovakia which ended 0-0 (a poor game where Ireland were the better team) and Slovakia won 4-2 on pens.

Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Thanks for that. I did watch the entire campaign.

Not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said that if Ireland had played a similar setup to Sweden, with Duffy at the back, they'd be at the Euros. I pointed out we did and we're not.

If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If McCarthy was manager for the play-offs then the Irish team could well have beaten Slovakia (and N. Ireland) - the team has been a shambles under Kenny. Saying that - even if McCarthy was manager for the play-offs it is unlikely that Duffy would have played ahead of Egan and O'Shea.

Duffy at his best is streets ahead of Egan, and O'Shea is way over the hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here