Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Butcher Tribute Act View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      I have to say, this is an odd argument. How does G Pots management of senior pros affect how they perform at other clubs?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Butcher Tribute Act View Post
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      Muzza just got old in footballing terms, as much as we all recognise him as a legend.

0 Not allowed!
      Personally think that a CB should be capable of winning the ball in the air, Dunk, Webster, Burn and White are not particularly good or indeed are poor in realtive terms.

Yes football is moving on and playing out from the back is the current vogue but opposition teams do still often like to cross the ball in the air.

Which then takes me on to how we deal with our corners, a lot of criticism about not putting in the box but to be fair we really don't have an aerial presence.

Skill is only one attribute that a footballer needs, passion is another which is why Dunk has been so good and have to say the same for Duffy when he was with us. For the lumbering oath that people portray him as he was more composed and dangerous in the opposition box than Burn.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      Personally think that a CB should be capable of winning the ball in the air, Dunk, Webster, Burn and White are not particularly good or indeed are poor in realtive terms.

Yes football is moving on and playing out from the back is the current vogue but opposition teams do still often like to cross the ball in the air.

Which then takes me on to how we deal with our corners, a lot of criticism about not putting in the box but to be fair we really don't have an aerial presence.

Skill is only one attribute that a footballer needs, passion is another which is why Dunk has been so good and have to say the same for Duffy when he was with us. For the lumbering oath that people portray him as he was more composed and dangerous in the opposition box than Burn.
      I like the idea of a lumbering oath in defence! However I agree that Duffy is more composed and dangerous in the opposition box than Burn, but as Burn can't head the ball, that isn't setting the bar very high.

That aside, I think Duffy is a great defensive defender and a great attacking defender in the opposition box. Attributes we have swapped out for defenders that are better playing out. We have reduced the opposition goal scoring opportunities in our new style, but we are still conceding goals from dead ball situations. Webster is the straight swap for Duffy positionally, but I just don't warm to him or appreciate what he brings to the team. All I see are his costly mistakes from poor marking, passing and dangling a leg at the ball. Would I prefer Duffy - maybe. Do I prefer Veltman to Webster - well yes I do. But I miss Duffy's solid presence at both ends of the pitch and I'm waiting for someone to rise to the occasion and make me forget him.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

John Barnes, not really helping Duffy.

0 Not allowed!
      Fóllame dunky, podrías haberme advertido que estabas haciendo esa cosa del pecho,
      no creo que el gimp Southgate estuviera mirando"

1 Not allowed!
      Scored the decisive second goal in a match Neil Lennon's Celtic simply had to win at home to Kilmarnock.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Durlston View Post
      Scored the decisive second goal in a match Neil Lennon's Celtic simply had to win at home to Kilmarnock.
      Defensively Celtic play with a very high line - not something Duffy is used to or able to play.

0 Not allowed!
      On his way to Notts Forest in the press here.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.