Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray is reaching the end of a great career.

Stephens we may have got a further season or two if necessary, but we have potentially better players in that area.

Duffy is a good player and is more a victim of a poor Celtic team. Given the goals we’ve conceded this season and our apparent weaknesses on set pieces, I don’t believe we’d be weaker with him in the match day squad at the very least.

To say the latter two weren’t/aren’t up to it is very harsh IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not saying they were not up to it but as you pointed out they were warming the bench and both want to start. I was refuting the point that Potter has made them worst players he has not we now have better so they have been moved on. The fact that Stephens is struggling to nail a spot in the first team at a struggling and thread bare Burnley and whilst good in the air Duffy is building up a catalogue of errors for both club and country I would say Potter was right to move both on.

Great servants as they were like parts of our championship squad as you look to progress to the next level some players find themselves out of favour

• North Stand Chat

advertising

I should coco Deportivo Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Butcher Tribute Act View Post
      I can see where the game is going thanks, i don't think throwing an inexperienced centre back in the midfield is more attack minded, and i don't think our leaky defence is going to improve much if we keep chopping and changing it without focusing on the defending element

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      Duffy is not the answer. He can head the ball but is slow and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Dirty Leeds are very attacking with Philips in the DM role ......

If life were a game of cards ... I'd say some ******* was cheating
      I should coco Deportivo Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I'm always sad to see players who've done a great job for us fail after leaving. Same with Stockdale, and even a bit with Bridcutt. However, with each of those three, apparent weaknesses in their games that were always there, but were minimised by our tactics at the time, seem to be inherent and can't be coached out.

Shame really
      That sums it up pretty well.

If you played the team to Bridcutt strengths then he was excellent, if you didnt then the flaws started to show.

If life were a game of cards ... I'd say some ******* was cheating
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      If we can get £50,000 a week for Duffy, I'm sure we could get £75,000 a week loaning out a shopping trolley being blown in the wind...once in a while it's going to turn faster than Duffy.
      Uncle Ben has died. No more Mr Rice Guy.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deportivo Seagull View Post
      Duffy is not the answer. He can head the ball but is slow and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Dirty Leeds are very attacking with Philips in the DM role ......

Yes, Phillips is a deep lying playmaker.

I am not aware that Bielsa took Leeds' brightest prospect and converted him into a completely different position for no real reason other than an unbalanced squad of defenders

Duffy

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasider78 View Post
      Not saying they were not up to it but as you pointed out they were warming the bench and both want to start. I was refuting the point that Potter has made them worst players he has not we now have better so they have been moved on. The fact that Stephens is struggling to nail a spot in the first team at a struggling and thread bare Burnley and whilst good in the air Duffy is building up a catalogue of errors for both club and country I would say Potter was right to move both on.

Great servants as they were like parts of our championship squad as you look to progress to the next level some players find themselves out of favour
      All fair points, though I think Duffy as proved was quite formidable in the PL with Dunk, and certainly this season we look weak to anything in the air.

There are plenty of ‘head it/kick it’ CBs who fit into good teams. I think the secret is not letting them think they can play....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WHY DID YOU LET IT BOUNCE? 🤫🤫

I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

1 Not allowed!
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

I have to say, this is an odd argument. How does G Pots management of senior pros affect how they perform at other clubs?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

Muzza just got old in footballing terms, as much as we all recognise him as a legend.