Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Erm, I doubt it, what’s you’re point?

My point?

You're claiming Webster is miles behind Duffy even so we're looking to loan Duffy out whilst keeping Webster who's been a regular all season. But you obviously know better than Potter who has only kept us above the relegation zone all season not to mention his previous achievements with other clubs.
It seems you're so desperate to criticise Webster you're even denying the likes of Barnes and Wood were poorly judged (which can't be argued ) by our fans when they were here just so you can maintain your argument that Webster is "miles behind Duffy". Thats pretty desperate when it comes to criticism if you ask me.

Why did I bring up Barnes in relation to your opinion of Webster I wonder? I guess you probably/conveniently won't understand that too?

Last edited:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Have I missed something? Has [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] even said what the news is, as all I’ve read is everyone jumping to conclusions??

No doubt I’ll be misquoted for this as well, but here goes. He had a falling out with GP over lack of game time, and a deal is very close now.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No doubt I’ll be misquoted for this as well, but here goes. He had a falling out with GP over lack of game time, and a deal is very close now.

And the thing is in a conventional low blocking team like Moyes plays he’ll look good again.

In the meantime we can take the £15-20m it will cost them and put it to much better use and crack on playing with our 3 at the back or a more mobile 4. Burn will be back in 5 weeks and we may yet recall white.

I’m genuinely not fussed if we lose Duffy because it will cost whoever takes him a heck of a lot more than the £4m he cost us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Considering Duffy's perspective, if he does end up leaving. He's to good a defender to be bench warming, and whilst it's by no means a given.... Ireland still have the chance to qualify for the Euros, with potentially 2 qualifier KO games, and he also needs to be playing regularly for that reason.

I wouldn't blame him, just think someone at the club has taken leave of their senses.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
And the thing is in a conventional low blocking team like Moyes plays he’ll look good again.

In the meantime we can take the £15-20m it will cost them and put it to much better use and crack on playing with our 3 at the back or a more mobile 4. Burn will be back in 5 weeks and we may yet recall white.

I’m genuinely not fussed if we lose Duffy because it will cost whoever takes him a heck of a lot more than the £4m he cost us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big problem for me is that he is one of few in our squad who is strong and up for the fight.

Would be a big loss IMO

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Duffy is very limited. Effective if we're defending for 90 mins but crap when it comes to the ball at his feet. I'm shocked that some fans rate him higher than Webster. Reminds me of the days when people thought CMS was better than Barnes
As a defender, Duffy is head and shoulders (literally) above Webster as a defender. Given that they both play in defence - and I'm yet to see many of Webster's trademark marauding runs up the field (as he did in the Championship and presumably one of the reasons he was recruited) - I know which one I'd rather have in the team at the moment...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of all the people, Barber’s the sauce:

DB2538E3-0BDD-4B7E-8521-98F2AADAEB71.png

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
:lolol:

NSC would implode in its own binfestry, with Webster and Balogun our only remaining centre halves. Can you imagine

I'm imagining a centre back pairing of Bissouma and Propper as Potter favours ball playing defenders and playing people in unexpected positions. At least it would improve our ability to pass out from a goal kick.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
As a defender, Duffy is head and shoulders (literally) above Webster as a defender. Given that they both play in defence - and I'm yet to see many of Webster's trademark marauding runs up the field (as he did in the Championship and presumably one of the reasons he was recruited) - I know which one I'd rather have in the team at the moment...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looking forward to bouncing this thread in a few years time.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-233544.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200122-233544.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
All in favour of Potter imposing his 'way' but he will need to turn this side around and get results very quickly otherwise fans will be on his and the teams back very quickly. Personally I thought a Duffy move was on the on cards from day 1 as Duffy was part of the nights out culture. From what I saw of highlights Webster has again shown his basic defending skills are weak. Bring Back Ben.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here