Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. And I think a lot of managers would have made the same decision tbh. Its a type of player that needs very specific conditions to be successful and with the new goal kick rule very few PL clubs would want him in their team, and same would probably be the case with a dominant side like Celtic if they had any clue or vision. They either didnt understand his weaknesses, or they didnt care.

Could get better if Lennon gets sacked, could also get worse (benched). Either way I expect him to be in the Championship next year. Nottingham maybe?
    All of this
    Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      Celtic fans want him out. Neil Lennon refused to blame his side but said the referee was a disgrace, they can't keep playing against 12 men every week, if they did maybe Duffy would have a chance.
      Celtic fans want Lennon out, very strong feelings for many weeks now. Not fooled by winning the league with the biggest budget.

Sparta Prague were missing 7 players tonight.

0 Not allowed!
      Sad for Duffy though.

We know heís a good defender. Player of the season for us in the PL. So the blame has to go management up there.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
      Sad for Duffy though.

We know heís a good defender. Player of the season for us in the PL. So the blame has to go management up there.
      Why ?

He likes the craic. He loves a strip club. He's gone off to the MTL after MORE than cutting it in the EPL. Nobody knows for sure, but I think there's more than an evens chance that its complacency thats set in on his part. He was great for us for 4 years, so why should his performances fall off a cliff in an infinitely weaker league against a bunch of painters & decorators ?

Blaming the manager is affording him an almighty cop-out.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
      Sad for Duffy though.

We know he’s a good defender. Player of the season for us in the PL. So the blame has to go management up there.
      I imagine complacency and too much craic also play a part. A player of his level should be able to cruise through Scottish games with just a modicum of professionalism.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      I imagine complacency and too much craic also play a part. A player of his level should be able to cruise through Scottish games with just a modicum of professionalism.
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Butcher Tribute Act View Post
      Not sure complacency is a thing when the player of the season finds himself used as a stoppage time substitute every week because he can't dribble the ball out of defence.

Not really sure about GPots management of senior pros. Seems to have to an extent, ruined Duffy, Murray and Stephens. Now Maty Ryan's turn

If by ruined you mean decided to develop a more talented younger footballer to take their place such as White, Connolly, Alzate and Sanchez then agreed what sort of a manager are we putting up with!
      Members

6 Not allowed!

Ruined Glenn? Come off it. Age simply caught up with him. Is he thriving under a new manager at Watford?

2 Not allowed!

Duffy is having a nightmare at Celtic, Murray canít get in the Watford team, Stephens has been in and out of the starting line up for Burnley and was widely criticised by their fans following his recent Chelsea performance and Ryan we donít know the situation but Sanchez looked very promising.

On the evidence so far I would argue Gpots judgement has been spot on

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seasider78 View Post
      Duffy is having a nightmare at Celtic, Murray canít get in the Watford team, Stephens has been in and out of the starting line up for Burnley and was widely criticised by their fans following his recent Chelsea performance and Ryan we donít know the situation but Sanchez looked very promising.

On the evidence so far I would argue Gpots judgement has been spot on
      Well that's the point. He's finished them