Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Thread: Duffy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhingForPresident;958049 7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s pathetic. What’s happened to him?
    What?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Pro-peace

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      A quick scan of ‘duffy celtic’ on twitter (latest tweets) doesn’t make good reading
      Watched the game and he was really, really bad.

Not all his fault though - anyone with half a brain should understand that you cant set up your defense in a way that gets Duffy into frequent 1 on 1 situations with pacy strikers. Its just not going to end up well.

I'm not sure Duffy is able to play in a team playing with a high defense line and (attempting) to have a lot of possession. He is no good with the ball. and he is also no good chasing quick strikers.
      Why did you let it bounce Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      That’s pathetic. What’s happened to him?
      Not sure but I assume some of the words "management", "complacency", "booze", "shagging" and "lockdown boredom" are possibly involved.
      There's a Star Man, playing on our right. His name is Tariq Lamptey and he's ****ing dynamite.

"You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter

0 Not allowed!
      That is shockingly crap from Duffy. He isn't the player we sent up there. WTF have Celtic done to him?
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

2 Not allowed!
      Possible also that it's the actual state of Scottish football.

You should, in general, get better when you play against quality opponents. When most of your games are against farmers and your one big game is so utterly massive (especially if you were brought up in a highly sectarian atmosphere) then you may be taking it easy in general, over adrenalised in big domestic games and therefore utterly shot in Europe.
      There's a Star Man, playing on our right. His name is Tariq Lamptey and he's ****ing dynamite.

0 Not allowed!
      Celtic fans want him out. Neil Lennon refused to blame his side but said the referee was a disgrace, they can't keep playing against 12 men every week, if they did maybe Duffy would have a chance.
      Where have you put the f****g biscuits??

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      Watched the game and he was really, really bad.

Not all his fault though - anyone with half a brain should understand that you cant set up your defense in a way that gets Duffy into frequent 1 on 1 situations with pacy strikers. Its just not going to end up well.

I'm not sure Duffy is able to play in a team playing with a high defense line and (attempting) to have a lot of possession. He is no good with the ball. and he is also no good chasing quick strikers.
      That's why Potter binned him off, n'cest pas?

I imagine he thought he'd spend the rest of his career scoring set pieces against the likes of St Mirren and Hearts

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I'm pretty sure its a case of Celtic turning Duffy shite rather than the other way around. Neil Lennon is a complete monkey and most of their players are a case of the club basically scamming itself. Being in a dominant position and doing nothing with it... sad for Scottish football. Hope Rangers win this season.
      Indeed. And I say that as someone with no time for the 'Rangers are English' mind set.

Another example of 'never go back'. Especially after having lived the dream. At Bolton. FFS.
      Pro-peace

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      That's why Potter binned him off, n'cest pas?

I imagine he thought he's spend the rest of his career scoring set pieces against the likes of St Mirren and Hearts
      Yes. And I think a lot of managers would have made the same decision tbh. Its a type of player that needs very specific conditions to be successful and with the new goal kick rule very few PL clubs would want him in their team, and same would probably be the case with a dominant side like Celtic if they had any clue or vision. They either didnt understand his weaknesses, or they didnt care.

Could get better if Lennon gets sacked, could also get worse (benched). Either way I expect him to be in the Championship next year. Nottingham maybe?

0 Not allowed!
      Yes. And I think a lot of managers would have made the same decision tbh. Its a type of player that needs very specific conditions to be successful and with the new goal kick rule very few PL clubs would want him in their team, and same would probably be the case with a dominant side like Celtic if they had any clue or vision. They either didnt understand his weaknesses, or they didnt care.

Could get better if Lennon gets sacked, could also get worse (benched). Either way I expect him to be in the Championship next year. Nottingham maybe?
      Good shout. Hughton / Forest / Duffy works for all parties.