Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #441
    Members
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Haywards Heath
    Posts
    2,108


    0 Not allowed!
    Poor Shane is getting dogs abuse - not quite the wonderful adventure he was dreaming of so far.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #442
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      42,606


      9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He's a better passer but not footballer. And Webster makes f ups and gives the ball away stupidly a fair bit
      How many times since lockdown last season, and this ? Genuine question. Heís been our best CB since the resumption IMO (yes, including Dunk)
      Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'
    • #443
      Members Super Steve Earle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      North of Brighton
      Posts
      7,241


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How many times since lockdown last season, and this ? Genuine question. Heís been our best CB since the resumption IMO (yes, including Dunk)
      I know you love Webster unconditionally, but best CB for Brighton isn't a very high bar at the moment.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
    • #444
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      42,606


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I know you love Webster unconditionally, but best CB for Brighton isn't a very high bar at the moment.
      Twattish comment. I donít....just objectively looking at CB performance this season and the end of last. Webster made several mistakes previously but he seems to have cut them out mostly. Dunk has made more.
      Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'
    • #445
      Members Super Steve Earle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      North of Brighton
      Posts
      7,241


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Twattish comment. I don’t....just objectively looking at CB performance this season and the end of last. Webster made several mistakes previously but he seems to have cut them out mostly. Dunk has made more.
      Uncalled for insult, but not the first time you've bluntly tried to shut me down over Webster's performances. Your opinion differs from mine, fair enough. Mine is that none of the central defenders stand out above a 6/7 out of 10 at the moment .
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
    • #446
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Fiveways
      Posts
      14,263


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He's a better passer but not footballer. And Webster makes f ups and gives the ball away stupidly a fair bit
      This is utter rot. Webster is miles better than Duffy. On current form, he's the best CB at our club. Which is quite something given that he's up against a club legend and a player with a £50m price tag. Defending, heading, passing, speed, carrying the ball, he's even developing his positioning too.
    • #447
      5 millionth post poster Gazwag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Bexhill-on-Sea
      Posts
      29,359


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He's a better passer but not footballer. And Webster makes f ups and gives the ball away stupidly a fair bit
      How would you define a fair bit, I can only really remember twice when it caused a goal, at Chelsea when it was his fault for the penalty, and another but I can remember which game, not a fair bit imo
    • #448
      Members One Teddy Maybank's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      18,394


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is utter rot. Webster is miles better than Duffy. On current form, he's the best CB at our club. Which is quite something given that he's up against a club legend and a player with a £50m price tag. Defending, heading, passing, speed, carrying the ball, he's even developing his positioning too.
      Not denying he isnít our best CB on form, because he is.

      Heading is not great, little actual distance, carrying the ball needs to be improved, as if he hasnít passed it after his second/third touch, his third/fourth is often very heavy. Positionally he is improving, but needs to attack the ball - see Everton. Along with White just seems very light for me, which also impacts set piece wise.

      But, he immediately looked stronger post lock down, and is a better all-round footballer than Duffy. As you say, his pace is also deceptive.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      WHY DID YOU LET IT BOUNCE? 🤫🤫
    • #449
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      42,606


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not denying he isnít our best CB on form, because he is.

      Heading is not great, little actual distance, carrying the ball needs to be improved, as if he hasnít passed it after his second/third touch, his third/fourth is often very heavy. Positionally he is improving, but needs to attack the ball - see Everton. Along with White just seems very light for me, which also impacts set piece wise.

      But, he immediately looked stronger post lock down, and is a better all-round footballer than Duffy. As you say, his pace is also deceptive.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Good summary.....weíre def weaker in the air (and consequently at set pieces at both ends) without Duffy but White and Webster offer much more overall. Burn doesnít offer enough aerially either given his height advantage.
      Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'
    • #450
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      42,606


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Twattish comment. I donít....just objectively looking at CB performance this season and the end of last. Webster made several mistakes previously but he seems to have cut them out mostly. Dunk has made more.
      You said he Ďmakes f ups and gives the ball away a fair bití. He hasnít anywhere near as much since lockdown IMO. And ĎI know you love Webster unconditionallyí is a) untrue and b) twattish.

      If Ďmakes f ups and gives the ball away a fair bití is your objective assessment on his season to date then fair enough - I donít agree.
      Why did you let it bounce ?.....................You stupid ***t'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •