Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....

Dunk was criticised because the Selhurst red card was a rash tackle very early on, I don’t recall him receiving much criticism for his defensive ability.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Webster is miles behind Duffy in terms of actually defending, he’s not particularly strong in the air, isn’t very physical, can’t track a runner to save his life, isn’t actually anywhere near as good at distributing the ball as people think, but he does have a nice touch and squares a mean 10 yard pass to Dunk.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is simply unbelievable. How can you even put them in the same bracket? Webster is clearly better than Duffy. Look at the league table, only 5 teams below the top 4 have conceded less than us and 4 of those teams occupy 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place. Incredible achievement by us considering how shite Webster is......

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I've heard Duffy to West ham as I have said on a previous thread.

Yes, but you’d heard Mooy was pretending to be injured so he could sort a move to China so I’ll take what you say with an Everest of salt.

Things that make me doubt this is true

West Ham are only just below us and are one of a small number of direct rivals for relegation
Burn's injury
Webster's form
Dunk's yellow card situation
White's Premier League inexperience
The fact that we wouldn't get much up front money for a loan
An already uneasy relationship between club and fans

Things which make me think it could be plausible

We've done stupid stuff like getting rid of players we need because of perceived playing style already this season
Duffy needs to play, so i'm sure he would like a move
He gave the fans a big clap last night

Here’s another reason to think it’s not true.

The thread was started by a sad, lonely man who tries to feel the gaping void that is his life by pretending to be ITK about Brighton on NSC. He’s been wrong time and time again, most famously “Bloom is going to sue Kick It Out” and most recently “We are signing Samatta.”

I’m actually starting to think it’s all an elaborate wind up, because no one man can be so full of complete and utter guff.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yes, but you’d heard Mooy was pretending to be injured so he could sort a move to China so I’ll take what you say with an Everest of salt.

Here’s another reason to think it’s not true.

The thread was started by a sad, lonely man who tries to feel the gaping void that is his life by pretending to be ITK about Brighton on NSC. He’s been wrong time and time again, most famously “Bloom is going to sue Kick It Out” and most recently “We are signing Samatta.”

I’m actually starting to think it’s all an elaborate wind up, because no one man can be so full of complete and utter guff.

Not quite accurate with what you’ve put in quotation marks there old chap. I said on the Kick It Out issue, Bloom was outraged, and taking legal advice. Which he did. On the Samatta prospect, I said a conversation had started, and nothing else. Which it did.

Thanks for your feedback.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Webster's a very good defender. You'd have to be blind with half a brain missing not to see that.

I remember when Dunk used to get this similar sort of criticism (Selhurst park sending off springs to mind). Oh and look how he turned out.....

Webster has not yet shown here he's a very good defender imho. Obviously with his career to date, he's done ok..... But at this level and for 20 million has he shown himself to a great defender or even one of the 2 best centre halves at defending?.
The answer is No.

I'm sure everybody wants him to be brilliant and be a success, as with any player wearing the stripes, and hopefully he will, but he's not done enough yet and at times has been poor defensively.

Rio Ferdinand was a pretty Good ball playing centre half (who could also defend), John Terry wasn't a ball player, nor quick, yet I'd argue Terry was the better actual defender and certainly the guy you'd want in a scrap.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is simply unbelievable. How can you even put them in the same bracket? Webster is clearly better than Duffy. Look at the league table, only 5 teams below the top 4 have conceded less than us and 4 of those teams occupy 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place. Incredible achievement by us considering how shite Webster is......

We defend as a team, our record is inspite of Websters errors and others errors to, not because of him being great.

I'm with [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] Duffy is by far a better defender right now, full international, much more physical, much better aerial presence, 2 seasons of PL experience

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Have I missed something? Has [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION] even said what the news is, as all I’ve read is everyone jumping to conclusions??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here