Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #291

    1 Not allowed!
    Personally, I don't see a huge difference in quality with Webster Vs Duffy. Both offer slightly different attributes and both have mistakes in them. Thinking long term, Webster has more potential in terms of how Potter wants Brighton to play.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #292

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why are you avoiding my point? No one is talking about Mooy or how we defended against Bournemouth. This about Duffy.

      So do you see my previous analysis of Duffy's weaknesses showed in that goal I posted? To be fair it couldn't be more glaringly clear that my analysis of his inability to read the movement of someone running at him was shown in that goal.
      Oh, man this is hard work! I was making the point that they are BOTH capable of mistakes at the back. One example on Watford (where ultimately Duffy didn't do well enough, but he was put in that situation by Mooy) and another one at Bournemouth (where Webster Ė who you claim can 'read' the game so much better with players coming towards him Ė had an absolute shocker and looked like he just couldn't be arsed.)

      I'm not saying Duffy is without fault, but he there was a reason (or quite a few) he won player of the season last year...

      I think DFP's sums up my view about Duffy and Webster Ė essentially two players playing in the same position, but with completely different attributes. One is better at defending, the other is better and playing out from the back, Potterball style.

      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The regression to our current lethargic style canít be attributed to just Duffy, itís a whole squad issue. I do acknowledge that Duffy is inferior at the ball playing side, thatís never really been my argument, itís the pure defensive side Iím talking about, the heading and tackling side of a defenders game, and thatís an area where I believe Shane to but much stronger than Webster currently. I donít think Webster is bad, but heís been in a funk of incredibly patchy form for a while, hopefully taking him out of the limelight for a week or two will help him kick start his season and help reignite our flowing football.

      Regarding your first sentence, obviously Duffy has been in the Premier League longer than Webster, but whoís started more games in the Potter era? Genuine question as I donít know, but Iíd be surprised if Duffy has the lionís share of starts.
    • #293
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      wisborough green
      Posts
      5,860


      0 Not allowed!
      I donít remember any player this season that has been chopped and changed about so much like we have comming back in and playing well


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #294
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,679


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh, man this is hard work! I was making the point that they are BOTH capable of mistakes at the back. One example on Watford (where ultimately Duffy didn't do well enough, but he was put in that situation by Mooy) and another one at Bournemouth (where Webster – who you claim can 'read' the game so much better with players coming towards him – had an absolute shocker and looked like he just couldn't be arsed.)

      I'm not saying Duffy is without fault, but he there was a reason (or quite a few) he won player of the season last year...

      I think DFP's sums up my view about Duffy and Webster – essentially two players playing in the same position, but with completely different attributes. One is better at defending, the other is better and playing out from the back, Potterball style.
      Had Duffy been better at reading Doucare's movement, I doubt he'd have had it so easy in running half the length of the pitch with the ball then opening his body up and putting it exactly where he wanted without any pressure on him the whole time he had the ball not to mention the 2 defenders in front of him he still had to beat. Mooy lost the ball halfway up the pitch but there was still tonnes of time and players for him to beat for us to have dealt/defended that much better. Obviously you're just trying to swerve this point by bringing up other people and different games, but the truth is, Duffy was shit there and looked very clueless with his decision making in just choosing to back off offering the shot with ease.
      Wasn't Duffy the master at blocking these situations? I reckon Webster must've had some sort of negative effect on him in the dressing room.

      PS Just so you don't forget, you support Brighton, not Duffy FC.
    • #295
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,721


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Had Duffy been better at reading Doucare's movement, I doubt he'd have had it so easy in running half the length of the pitch with the ball then opening his body up and putting it exactly where he wanted without any pressure on him the whole time he had the ball not to mention the 2 defenders in front of him he still had to beat. Mooy lost the ball halfway up the pitch but there was still tonnes of time and players for him to beat for us to have dealt/defended that much better. Obviously you're just trying to swerve this point by bringing up other people and different games, but the truth is, Duffy was shit there and looked very clueless with his decision making in just choosing to back off offering the shot with ease.
      Wasn't Duffy the master at blocking these situations? I reckon Webster must've had some sort of negative effect on him in the dressing room.
      are you Websterís agent or something?
      People are more than willing to accept Duffyís shortcomings, have you acknowledged any frailties in Websterís game?
      What?
    • #296
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,721


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      PS Just so you don't forget, you support Brighton, not Duffy FC.
      Thatís a tad rich coming from the chairman of Webster Wanderers.
      What?
    • #297
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      67,376


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Iíve no idea, Potterís team selections are so erratic thatís a very tough question.
      On a personal level, Iíd like to see an return to 3 centre backs, with Dunk, Webster plus whichever of Burn or Duffy.
      That's a tough post to read.

      'I don't like Potter's erratic (not the most positive word) team selection.
      But I do want Potter to make my erratic team selection'.
      ďMelancholy is incompatible with bicycling.Ē James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #298
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,679


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      PS Just so you don't forget, you support Brighton, not Duffy FC.
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      are you Webster’s agent or something? People are more than willing to accept Duffy’s shortcomings, have you acknowledged any frailties in Webster’s game?
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That’s a tad rich coming from the chairman of Webster Wanderers.
      That comment touched a nerve didn't it?
    • #299
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,721


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That comment touched a nerve didn't it?
      No, not really
      What?
    • #300

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My apologies
      TBF, coming back from an operation so quickly was impressive/foolhardy. Perhaps it is this cryo chamber thing or something.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •