Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #201
    Members Bakero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Almería
    Posts
    8,337


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anything make you say that?
    Absolutely nothing. Just guessing like everybody else.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #202
      Members Bakero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Almería
      Posts
      8,337


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I stand to look silly, but I really don't think this is happening.
      Neither do I.
    • #203
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Neither do I.
      I'm having my doubts. It just doesn't make any sense at this stage of the season especially with the team we're supposedly linking him with.
    • #204
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      44,840


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So what positives do you see in Webster? I've only noticed negative stuff about him from you so far. Considering he's only played half a season for us, it's his first season in the top flight and he's only just turned 25 (which is very young for defenders), you've definitely come across as harsh hence why I've brought up Barnes and Wood.
      Where are my vendetta, deriding or nasty quotes about Webster? I think you’re confusing me with a large array of NSC’ers who simpy don’t rate the player. Post matches where we’ve failed to win and everyone piles in targeting Webster, I can’t recall laying into him at all.

      To my mind, Propper, Dunk and Montoya have made telling blunders that have cost us, and I’ve mentioned that.

      Webster’s attributes:
      Passing
      Decent pace
      Composure in the opposition box - loved his goal at Arsenal.
      Plus an intangible ..... if the club have spent all that money and coveted him, they must see a quality player for the future.

      At this moment I have little interest in seasons 2020/21 and 2021/22. I unashamedly want to us stay up, whatever it takes in team selection, tactics and TB investing in new players this month. Going down would be a mini disaster for the club.

      It would NOT be the baloney spouted on NSC of one step back, to take several forward.
    • #205
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Where are my vendetta, deriding or nasty quotes about Webster?
      I don't usually mention peoples thumbs up contributions so i do apologise but on that very anti webster thread where there's a strong contingency of Webster haters, I've noticed you're thumbing up every negative post about him and not one in his defence. Same as this one too. Why the need?


      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think you’re confusing me with a large array of NSC’ers who simpy don’t rate the player. Post matches where we’ve failed to win and everyone piles in targeting Webster, I can’t recall laying into him at all.


      Webster’s attributes:
      Passing
      Decent pace
      Composure in the opposition box - loved his goal at Arsenal.
      Plus an intangible ..... if the club have spent all that money and coveted him, they must see a quality player for the future.
      Websters a defender and yet the only positives you can mention are away from his defending (unless we want to include pace as a defensive attribute which is fair enough)

      Have you not noticed some of the terrific blocks he's made this season? I'm pretty sure he made a great one against Muff in the 2nd half , right hand side of the goal, on the corner of the 6 yard box.
      I'd say what he offers which Duffy doesn't is the ability to read which way the opposition player is going to go when running straight at him. He doesn't get his legs caught in a twist like we've seen with Duffy. This whole Duffy is great at defending corners isn't enough for me to class him better than Webster. Webster seems to have a much better footballing brain. Yes the mistakes are there but what do you expect from someone who's so new and fresh to this division not to mention the team? and like I said, he's only just turned 25. Give the guy a chance. It's not his fault the club spent big money on him, and that's what I think is the main reason people like yourself are so in support of any criticism of him.

      Time to get behind the lad I say. We don;t want to ruin his confidence before he's even hit his peak.
      Last edited by Megazone; 23-01-2020 at 18:01.
    • #206
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      44,840


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't usually mention peoples thumbs up contributions so i do apologise but on that very anti webster thread where there's a strong contingency of Webster haters, I've noticed you're thumbing up every negative post about him and not one in his defence. Same as this one too. Why the need?




      Websters a defender and yet the only positives you can mention are away from his defending (unless we want to include pace as a defensive attribute which is fair enough)

      Have you not noticed some of the terrific blocks he's made this season? I'm pretty sure he made a great one against Muff in the 2nd half , right hand side of the goal, on the corner of the 6 yard box.
      I'd say what he offers which Duffy doesn't is the ability to read what way the opposition player is going to go when running straight at him. He doesn't get his legs caught in a twist like we've seen with Duffy. This whole Duffy is great at defending corners isn't enough for me to class him better than Webster. Webster seems to have a much better footballing brain. Yes the mistakes are there but what do you expect from someone who's so new and fresh to this division not to mention the team. and like I said, he's only just turned 25. Give the guy a chance. It's not his fault the club spent big money on him, and that's what I think is the main reason people like yourself are so in support of any criticism of him.

      Time to get behind the lad I say. We don;t want to ruin his confidence before he's even hit his peak.
      Apology accepted, cheers. Webster’s getting a shoeing on that other thread, I don’t join in, my worst ‘crime’ would be to praise Duffy at this time.

      I have hope for Burn and Webster. I think they and Dunk, are all suffering from the rigid tactics, plus call me old fashioned but I feel so uneasy with the 40 yard gap between the CB’s and a lack of bodies defending so many times this season. Madness.

      McBurnie, Jota, Grealish, Redmond, to name just 4 have revelled in it.

      Not for me I’m afraid.
    • #207
      Members sparkie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      9,640


      0 Not allowed!
      This would make a lot of sense for Duffy with Euro 2020 playoffs coming up.

      Loan to buy ( depending on who goes down ).

      No doubt his West Ham fan dad is all for it.

      I doubt we'd block it - all depends on the fee, and bringing a replacement in, possibly.
      Last edited by sparkie; 24-01-2020 at 11:48.
    • #208

      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't usually mention peoples thumbs up contributions so i do apologise but on that very anti webster thread where there's a strong contingency of Webster haters, I've noticed you're thumbing up every negative post about him and not one in his defence. Same as this one too. Why the need?




      Websters a defender and yet the only positives you can mention are away from his defending (unless we want to include pace as a defensive attribute which is fair enough)

      Have you not noticed some of the terrific blocks he's made this season? I'm pretty sure he made a great one against Muff in the 2nd half , right hand side of the goal, on the corner of the 6 yard box.
      I'd say what he offers which Duffy doesn't is the ability to read which way the opposition player is going to go when running straight at him. He doesn't get his legs caught in a twist like we've seen with Duffy. This whole Duffy is great at defending corners isn't enough for me to class him better than Webster. Webster seems to have a much better footballing brain. Yes the mistakes are there but what do you expect from someone who's so new and fresh to this division not to mention the team? and like I said, he's only just turned 25. Give the guy a chance. It's not his fault the club spent big money on him, and that's what I think is the main reason people like yourself are so in support of any criticism of him.

      Time to get behind the lad I say. We don;t want to ruin his confidence before he's even hit his peak.
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Apology accepted, cheers. Webster’s getting a shoeing on that other thread, I don’t join in, my worst ‘crime’ would be to praise Duffy at this time.

      I have hope for Burn and Webster. I think they and Dunk, are all suffering from the rigid tactics, plus call me old fashioned but I feel so uneasy with the 40 yard gap between the CB’s and a lack of bodies defending so many times this season. Madness.

      McBurnie, Jota, Grealish, Redmond, to name just 4 have revelled in it.

      Not for me I’m afraid.
      I think you have this wrong Westander is pointing out his attacking strengths because he does not want to be too negative about the player. He was signed as a defender and to put it bluntly he is making too many defensive errors. Duffy might not be the ball player that Webster is but at times you need to be more agricultural and backs against the wall many and me included would prefer Duffy.

      This board is great at turning people's constructive comments into the 'hate press' it's a board to discuss opinions.
    • #209
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      44,840


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think you have this wrong Westander is pointing out his attacking strengths because he does not want to be too negative about the player. He was signed as a defender and to put it bluntly he is making too many defensive errors. Duffy might not be the ball player that Webster is but at times you need to be more agricultural and backs against the wall many and me included would prefer Duffy.

      This board is great at turning people's constructive comments into the 'hate press' it's a board to discuss opinions.


      I never slag off Webster (but from afar watch the hoards that do), so I'm innocent of all charges!

      Plus I never make things personal about an Albion player. Other than Akpom, who stole his wages ... tosser.
    • #210
      On his last warning Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      8,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think you have this wrong Westander is pointing out his attacking strengths because he does not want to be too negative about the player. He was signed as a defender and to put it bluntly he is making too many defensive errors. Duffy might not be the ball player that Webster is but at times you need to be more agricultural and backs against the wall many and me included would prefer Duffy.

      This board is great at turning people's constructive comments into the 'hate press' it's a board to discuss opinions.
      I haven't denied Webster's making mistakes but it seems his mistakes are painting the illusion that Duffy was completely error free who gave us the solid back line many are claiming he will offer. I've mentioned some of the spnkings we took over the the last 2 seasons whilst he was defending including losing 5-0 to bournemouth, and coincidently those users who are pushing their opinions that Webster should be dropped for Duffy are completely ignoring those scores in this 'constructive comments' discussion, this include Westander.

      Care to discuss any of Duffy's mistakes too if we want to keep this fair? We've only conceded 2 more goals than last season at the same point(i think?) whilst playing much more open, attacking football. Why do you think that is?
      Last edited by Megazone; 24-01-2020 at 15:11.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •