Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 795

Thread: Duffy

  1. #131
    Members Gritt23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Meopham, Kent.
    Posts
    14,902


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need to ship out dinosaurs Duffy, Dunk and Murray this month, to pave the way for All Out Potterball.
    The Championship will be quaking in their boots. The Premier League on the other hand would be merely waving us goodbye.
    "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #132
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      a galaxy far far away
      Posts
      7,645


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Has anyone got the clip of Duffy in the home game against Bournemouth where he gets done by Solanke?

      I’m not saying he’s not good enough but this belief he is going to sort out all our defensive problems are baffling
      There’s also a clip available of Dunky getting properly done by Richarlison at the Amex this year. There are good strikers in this league and this will happen from time to time.

      The important thing is how often it happens. In the 2 years as a regular starter in this league, Duffy made way fewer basic errors than Webster has had in his half a season with us.

      What’s also important in a centre back is the ability to cover for your mates errors. What on earth was Webster thinking for that third Bournemouth goal? Why didn’t he chase it back? If we had got it back to 2-1 rather than 3-1, then we’ have had a chance to test Muff’s charachter.

      I don’t ever want to come on here to have a pop at a Brighton player, but he just doesn’t have the out and out love of defending that we need in a dog fight. His distribution is ok, not brilliant by any means. Where he really looks good is carrying the ball into midfield. However, we’re playing with 2 centre backs and high full backs so there just isn’t the opportunity in the current system for him to show his worth. If we go back to 3 at the back, he should definitely play. At the moment, I see Duffy as well ahead of him.
    • #133
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,852


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Out of interest, how many goals have we conceded from crosses into the box without Duffy in the team?

      B’Muff corner is one instant. I can’t think of many more.
      Off the top of my head both goals against Liverpool and the Chelsea goal at the Amex.
      Last edited by DarrenFreemansPerm; 23-01-2020 at 08:22.
      What?
    • #134
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      30,280


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Off the top of my head both goals against Liverpool, Chelsea and Sheffield United’s goals at the Amex.
      Sheffield Utd wasn't a cross into the box, it was a long kick downfield and McBurnie outpaced Dunk to score from the right hand side
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #135
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      68,365


      1 Not allowed!
      Let's not forget who was last season's Premier League highest scoring defender.


      Thankfully Mr Webster hasn't been too shabby in that department.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #136
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      59,447


      6 Not allowed!
      Not that its up to him, but I'd wager that if you gave Lewis Dunk the choice of having Webster alongside him in that defence or Duffy, he'd pick Duffy every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I'd also venture that most opposition forwards would much prefer to face Webster rather than Duffy.

      Webster is a decent prospect and may well develop into a fine centreback. But at the moment he reminds me of Dunk 5 years ago - lots of good attributes, but there's always a ricket on the cards. With experience and no doubt some fine coaching from CH, Dunk has largely eliminated that from his game now, but Webster isn't there yet, and its costing us.

      I think D&D have been the foundation of our success these last few years, they've been the bedrock of the team and I can't help feeling that splitting that partnership up has been a mistake. If we MUST play Webster then I'd much prefer it to be in a 3 with wingbacks. But GP just doesn't fancy him, so we are where we are I suppose. I'll be very disappointed if Duffy moves on, but you can't expect an International centreback in his prime to hang around collecting splinters, so his days here are sadly probably numbered.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #137
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,852


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sheffield Utd wasn't a cross into the box, it was a long kick downfield and McBurnie outpaced Dunk to score from the right hand side
      My apologies, I was thinking of their legitimate goal that was ruled out by VAR.
      What?
    • #138
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      68,365


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not that its up to him, but I'd wager that if you gave Lewis Dunk the choice of having Webster alongside him in that defence or Duffy, he'd pick Duffy every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I'd also venture that most opposition forwards would much prefer to face Webster rather than Duffy.

      Webster is a decent prospect and may well develop into a fine centreback. But at the moment he reminds me of Dunk 5 years ago - lots of good attributes, but there's always a ricket on the cards. With experience and no doubt some find coaching from CH, Dunk has largely eliminated that from his game now, but Webster isn't there yet, and its costing us.

      I think D&D have been the foundation of our success these last few years, they've been the bedrock of the team and I can't help feeling that splitting that partnership up has been a mistake. If we MUST play Webster then I'd much prefer it to be in a 3 with wingbacks. But GP just doesn't fancy him, so we are where we are I suppose. I'll be very disappointed if Duffy moves on, but you can't expect an International centreback in his prime to hang around collecting splinters, so his days here are sadly probably numbered.
      GPott strode manfully into the prison yard.
      He had all his posse behind him.
      He chinned the biggest hardest b*****d he could find.
      Pointed at Webster screaming "you answer to him now - he's your daddy".

      6 months later GPott & Webbo are pleading with the warden to be sent to solitary, for their own safety.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #139

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And I always fancied havin a '' 9 inch Willy '' but sadly it wasn't to be
      There's still time. Congratulations at 'Coming Out' anyway.

      (I'm surprised this emoji is still allowed. I'm even more surprised that someone could be so backward as to use it. I'm less surprised that it was me.)
    • #140
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      16,852


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My point?

      You're claiming Webster is miles behind Duffy even so we're looking to loan Duffy out whilst keeping Webster who's been a regular all season. But you obviously know better than Potter who has only kept us above the relegation zone all season not to mention his previous achievements with other clubs.
      It seems you're so desperate to criticise Webster you're even denying the likes of Barnes and Wood were poorly judged (which can't be argued ) by our fans when they were here just so you can maintain your argument that Webster is "miles behind Duffy". Thats pretty desperate when it comes to criticism if you ask me.

      Why did I bring up Barnes in relation to your opinion of Webster I wonder? I guess you probably/conveniently won't understand that too?
      I can’t help but think you’ve wound yourself up so much that you’re losing your train of thought. Wood and Barnes were harshly judged by a lot of our fan base, but neither of them were very expensive signings who were being shoe horned into the team at the expense of the current POTS.
      This season we’ve dominated possession in almost every game, but we’ve kept 5 clean sheets, the opposition doesn’t often have the ball but seem to successfully score with the few opportunities they do have.
      Nobody, absolutely nobody is debating that Webster doesn’t have the attributes to go on to be a very good defender, but right now, as things stand, he’s not as good at defending as Duffy, that’s not to say Duffy doesn’t have his own limitations but right now, being in a relegation scrap, Duffy looks the better option. I believe playing alongside Webster is having an adverse effect on Dunk’s performances.
      Obviously Potter has other ideas and that’s absolutely fine, but from my perspective it seems a bit odd.
      What?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •