Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you don’t think Potter’s team selection is somewhat unpredictable?
I've been saying that all but I haven't been using it as a stick to beat GPott with, (not that's necessarily what you're doing, but erratic is rather loaded) now results aren't going his way.

I'm also not bemoaning erratic team selection while asking for my own erratic team selection.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I tend to understand the motive behind most people’s contributions, however I’m finding yours a bit odd.

Well maybe you need to calm yourself down which might help how you interpret my posts. The psychoanalysis stuff in reference to what I think I am only shows how much our interaction is getting to you (WTF is a WUM? ???).

Go back and read the posts we've shared with each other. There really isn't much you need to look into or try and understand. I hope this isn't getting personal for you as i'm a great admirer of yours and your persistent love for Duffy

Now how about a cuddle and a kiss and we just move on from this bloodshed argument we've had?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've been saying that all but I haven't been using it as a stick to beat GPott with, (not that's necessarily what you're doing, but erratic is rather loaded) now results aren't going his way.

I'm also not bemoaning erratic team selection while asking for my own erratic team selection.

There is never a right answer when things aren't going well. Last season sticking to our game plan and largely same selections was seen as a weakness. This season in a bad spell, keep experimenting, changing selections and tactics is seen as a weakness. We can't have it both ways.

My personal opinion is that going back to Duffy / March / Murray and in Gross has been a mistake, however that can only be said in hindsight. We carried as little threat as I can remember this season on Saturday, and it wasn't entirely surprising the team looked a bit early 2019...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is never a right answer when things aren't going well. Last season sticking to our game plan and largely same selections was seen as a weakness. This season in a bad spell, keep experimenting, changing selections and tactics is seen as a weakness. We can't have it both ways.

My personal opinion is that going back to Duffy / March / Murray and in Gross has been a mistake, however that can only be said in hindsight. We carried as little threat as I can remember this season on Saturday, and it wasn't entirely surprising the team looked a bit early 2019...

Aye all of that just so.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Makes an interesting read this thread after we all got to see Duffy play again.....

People still reckon Duffy is miles better than Webster in the words of DarrenFreemansPerm?

:lol:

Don't think anybody questions that Webster is a better ball player. But Duffy is a better defender imho.

You want to judge Duffy after Watford fair enough. Webster was awful defensively for weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Football fans in:-

*I want it all* shocker!!

The erratic team selection is tough to take.

Firstly because this isnt Potters squad to select from.
Secondly, as we're saying, he's damned if he does or doesn't.

Nobody was hammering him in October.

As for the squad looking somewhat regressive, with Duffy, Groß, Murray and March.
3 of those players saved a point at West Ham and one saved us from the wooden horse battering that is Deaney.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Firstly because this isnt Potters squad in the first place.

As for the squad looking somewhat regressive, with Duffy, Groß, Murray and March.
3 of those players saved a point at West Ham and one saved us from the wooden horse battering that is Deaney.
The really laughable thing is that Hughton got moaned and moaned and moaned at for never changing the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Duffy is getting unfair criticism a I didnt think that he did badly on Saturday yes he could have rushed Doucoure and stopped him and the ball outside of the area and thus taken a yellow for the team but other than that he defended well and a lot better than Webster has. As regards this not being GP squad he has had 2 transfer windows to bring in the players that he thought that he needed if he considered those present not adequate and capable of doing the job, so yes it is partly his squad, not completely but sufficient for him to be held responsible.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Arguing for one or other of Duffy or Webster is pointless.
The truth is Both have been inconsistent this season.
I’m sure Potter doesn’t want to keep switching around the defence but I’d imagine he’s hoping one of them will find form. This Hasn’t happened yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Quite right. I'm not hammering Potter as there is text evidence I sent 'pretty excited by that lineup' at 16.35 on Saturday. What transpired though looked Hughton-2019. So I can only comment in hindsight. It didn't quite work or click. Trying to capture the last 20 mins at West Ham, and deal with Deaney didn't transfer into that same bite and penetration. As another thread has said, March coming on with limited time to influence a game looks the business. When he starts, he looks like someone terrified to be the one to make a mistake. Focus around Murray appears to lead to similar one dimensional play. It's not Murray's fault, it just seems to happen to this squad when he plays.

He'll have to change it again away to Sheff Utd I would think. :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The really laughable thing is that Hughton got moaned and moaned and moaned at for never changing the team.

The irony of fans demanding consistency while regularly flip flopping their opinions hasn't been lost on me for a little while.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think that Duffy is getting unfair criticism a I didnt think that he did badly on Saturday yes he could have rushed Doucoure and stopped him and the ball outside of the area and thus taken a yellow for the team but other than that he defended well and a lot better than Webster has. As regards this not being GP squad he has had 2 transfer windows to bring in the players that he thought that he needed if he considered those present not adequate and capable of doing the job, so yes it is partly his squad, not completely but sufficient for him to be held responsible.

mmm not convinced, Duffy was all over the place first half. When he has a bad moment it effects his game and he loses his head, I think anyway.

Id like to see 3 at the back a bit more, it would be another case of tinkering though which Im not sure we need at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I think there is a strong case for not changing the back 5 and then tinker as much as you like in midfield and forward areas.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

You’ve really got yourself in a knot about the word erratic, haven’t you? It wasn’t meant as a tool “to beat GPott” with.
Also, it’s DEENEY..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here