Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there is a strong case for not changing the back 5 and then tinker as much as you like in midfield and forward areas.

Which is pretty much what has happened.

I've understood most of the occasional Monty switches.
I'm struggling to understand the people who can't make sense of Duffy for Webster v Deaney.

Pre Chelsea i was (very much to my surprise) starting to cool on BDB.
Watching him with a critical eye is very different than with unbridled joy.

I'm in a fairly similar situation with Potter's selections up field.
For me he lost his free pass v Villa and is now a little behind the curve.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’ve really got yourself in a knot about the word erratic, haven’t you? It wasn’t meant as a tool “to beat GPott” with.
Also, it’s DEENEY..
If only I'd explained that!!!

Troy spells his name wrong then.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Duffy will hand in a transfer request when White’s plans for next season are confirmed.

Sadly, I think it’s Palace who will come-a-calling.

No info, just a massive gut feeling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Duffy will hand in a transfer request when White’s plans for next season are confirmed.

Sadly, I think it’s Palace who will come-a-calling.

No info, just a massive gut feeling.

I think he will be gone one way or another. He clearly isn’t Potter’s type of player.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The next deal will likely be his last decent contract. His choice of destination will be decided who offers the most.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a challenging Championship side like Villa.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In the right side Duffy will look like a class player again.
sadly it’s his weaknesses not his strengths that come to the fore in this system.
I love Shane Duffy, but It’s probably time to part company end of season.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
In the right side Duffy will look like a class player again.
sadly it’s his weaknesses not his strengths that come to the fore in this system.
I love Shane Duffy, but It’s probably time to part company end of season.

Very much this unfortunately. Great player in the right system but sadly doesn’t fit in to Potter’s style. White however very much does so can only see Duffy going this summer. Good luck to him I say.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Duffy has been massive for us but his time in this club is Now up. I wish him well, wherever he goes. He has been integral to where we are, but not to where we are going.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bit harsh if you’re judging him on the man United game next to Montoya, did very well against Leicester when we were under the cosh. Tough call, I have a lot of respect for Duffy and I feel like he’s disrespected as a lump on here. I prefer Webster and Dunk pairing and with White coming back I think Duffy needs and deserves regular football at this stage of his career.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
A colossus for us in recent seasons who will always be remembered fondly here, and if he does seek more regular football he will do so with our thanks and best wishes. But as has been mentioned, the club's playing philosophy is heading another direction to what Shane offers us as a defender. Aside from White we've got Clarke and Ostigard out on loan as well, we're extremely healthy as far as future CB options are concerned

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bit harsh if you’re judging him on the man United game next to Montoya, did very well against Leicester when we were under the cosh. Tough call, I have a lot of respect for Duffy and I feel like he’s disrespected as a lump on here. I prefer Webster and Dunk pairing and with White coming back I think Duffy needs and deserves regular football at this stage of his career.

I’m a big Duffy fan, I love seeing him smash the ball 50 yards clear WITH HIS HEAD, but sadly I have to admit that his time with us may be coming to an end. As you’ve rightly said, it’s harsh to judge him on the Man Utd performance and to be honest I don’t think many people are, and you’ve also highlighted that he played well against Leicester whilst we were under the cosh, but I think that might be the problem, as mad it might sound he’s just a defender, a very good one too, he’s in his comfort zone when he’s facing wave after wave of attacks and he can block, head and slide all day long. Alas, in Potter’s new world our centre backs need to be graceful ball players too, something that Dunk, Webster, White and Burn are, but sadly something Duffy just doesn’t have in his locker.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
duffy is top championship

good squad player now but expect mutual parting of ways.

Norwich be a good shout for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here