Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Odd thing to say

There are criticisms of big Shane which might have some merit, but getting bullied isn't the one I'd level. That said, you can't ignore the fact that there are some massive brutish strikers in the Premier League and from time to time, you might get a situation where one of them outmuscles our defenders. It's not realistic to expect them to win every single contest at this level. D&D give us the best chance we're going to have in these physical confrontations if you ask me.
He’s referring to Webster being bullied.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought this was a thread about Duffy on Casualty.

One of the most harrowing storyline in a soap.

If anyone has gone through or is facing a loved one with dementia, it is a very hard watch!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Law of averages suggests he’ll get one right one day.

Even if he doesn't, you've still got to respect where he gets his information from and the reliability of his information. Not many people are able to pass on as much inside knowledge as Wedgie. We should all just be grateful of that and look forward to his next rumour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly a pure investment punt?

• Buy from League 1 for a small fee (believed to be less than £4M);
  • Loan out to Derby, who pay his wages and give him exposure at a higher level;
  • Sell on in a year or two as a seasoned Championship player for £10M+

I haven't seen him play much for Derby (and he's ben injured for several weeks) but I liked the look of him bombing forward in the pre-season match at Crawley Town - similar style to BDB (but 4 years younger!).

All very fair comment......
Makes sense, presumably they are confident in his ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Odd thing to say

There are criticisms of big Shane which might have some merit, but getting bullied isn't the one I'd level. That said, you can't ignore the fact that there are some massive brutish strikers in the Premier League and from time to time, you might get a situation where one of them outmuscles our defenders. It's not realistic to expect them to win every single contest at this level. D&D give us the best chance we're going to have in these physical confrontations if you ask me.

Think you’ve completely missed the point on that one [emoji2].

Duffy does the bullying, he rarely gets ‘owned’ to the extent of the others....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That rules out three at the back for a wile then, unless we use Balogun ......................... shudder .................

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Makes an interesting read this thread after we all got to see Duffy play again.....

People still reckon Duffy is miles better than Webster in the words of DarrenFreemansPerm?

Webster is miles behind Duffy in terms of actually defending, he’s not particularly strong in the air, isn’t very physical, can’t track a runner to save his life, isn’t actually anywhere near as good at distributing the ball as people think, but he does have a nice touch and squares a mean 10 yard pass to Dunk.

I'm with [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] Duffy is by far a better defender right now, full international, much more physical, much better aerial presence, 2 seasons of PL experience

As a defender, Duffy is head and shoulders (literally) above Webster as a defender. Given that they both play in defence - and I'm yet to see many of Webster's trademark marauding runs up the field (as he did in the Championship and presumably one of the reasons he was recruited) - I know which one I'd rather have in the team at the moment...

:lol:

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Unfair on Duffy? Seems rushed back from injury to me and hasn't played much under Potter and the "new" way of playing imposed.

I was calling for Duffy but I don't think he looks ready and, therefore, I'd recall Webster (hoping the break and more time on the training field will have done him good).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Makes an interesting read this thread after we all got to see Duffy play again.....

People still reckon Duffy is miles better than Webster in the words of DarrenFreemansPerm?

:lol:

I do, yes. I’ll admit he wasn’t great on Saturday but it was his first start in months and he’s fresh from the operating table, maybe we should give him a larger sample size before bouncing these quotes. Webster was given weeks, months even of being inept, not completely fair is it?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I do, yes. I’ll admit he wasn’t great on Saturday but it was his first start in months and he’s fresh from the operating table, maybe we should give him a larger sample size before bouncing these quotes. Webster was given weeks, months even of being inept, not completely fair is it?

Do you think Potter will start Duffy against Sheffield United?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Below the belt comment about Duffy he has just come back for surgery, probably hadn't trained a lot to try to fit onto a much changed team. He got some basics wrong , can't argue with that but given above circumstances not surprising. The truth is neither Webster nor Duffy are the full package if we could much the formers footballing ability with the latter's strength and commitment then we would have a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here