Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, I’m hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?

Yes. On the current market I dont think there's any money to get out of him other than getting rid of his wage.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If Tarkowski goes for £30m+, I’m hoping we can get £10m or so for Duffy. Wishful thinking for a former EPL team POTS?

No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No, I think that's about the right fee. We'd do well to get as much as £10m but if they do get £30m for Tarkowski then £10m would be a bargain for a direct replacement. In their team, he'd be just as effective in both boxes for them and be well worth the fee.

I'm not changing my opinion that he is a fantastic player in a team playing a low block with no ambitions around grabbing impressive possession stats. Under Potter or playing for Celtic, he has got to move and pass, under Dyche, he'd absolutely thrive. If the Rep Of Ireland played football like Sweden with Duffy as their lynch-pin, they'd be playing in the current Euros.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
All these figures being thrown about makes me smile, the reality is, as you say, is that none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning.

Just a "guesstimate" is correct.

"none of us have any real idea what any of our players are earning"

Yes we do!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I know that they’re probably earning more than me and most of us on here. Does that help?

I don't need help but thanks. I only need help with things I don't know the answer to ???

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
:glare:
I don't need help but thanks. I only need help with things I don't know the answer to ???
Yes, I agree that we probably know roughly what they earn. Will be interesting to see how sustainable it is and our focus on youth is probably the best business model for the vast majority of clubs.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Just to repeat - Burnley appear intent on signing Nathan Collins from Stoke (latest bid is £12million) - don't think Duffy goes there if that happens.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm not changing my opinion that he is a fantastic player in a team playing a low block with no ambitions around grabbing impressive possession stats. Under Potter or playing for Celtic, he has got to move and pass, under Dyche, he'd absolutely thrive. If the Rep Of Ireland played football like Sweden with Duffy as their lynch-pin, they'd be playing in the current Euros.

That is pretty much the style attempted under McCarthy, and we are not at the Euros.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a discussion forum - most of the discussion is based on opinion, speculation and guesswork - I try and back up my assertions with evidence - most people on the forum do not.

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just to repeat - Burnley appear intent on signing Nathan Collins from Stoke (latest bid is £12million) - don't think Duffy goes there if that happens.

Then maybe Brighton should flog him to Stoke.

There's not much to choose between the two places in terms of "quality of life" and he could have a season in a league where he might put in an odd decent performance or two no matter how he refuels.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A player who looked undroppable under CH who has since struggled to find a move to another premier league club

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That is pretty much the style attempted under McCarthy, and we are not at the Euros.

Thing is, to play like that and be successful you need one, two or three players who can do it by themselves in attack, and Ireland doesnt have those players. Quite a few promising names but nothing good enough yet.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Then maybe Brighton should flog him to Stoke.

There's not much to choose between the two places in terms of "quality of life" and he could have a season in a league where he might put in an odd decent performance or two no matter how he refuels.

Just a shame that Tony Pulis is no longer manager, Big Shane would have been very much his type of player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is nothing to say he was going there with or without Nathan Collins! Good old speculation, forever the mainstay of NSC. :facepalm:

I'm SHOCKED that you could say such a thing about JRG. He only deals in FACTS. Like Ben White earning 5k a week :lolol: :lolol: :lolol::lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here