Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Having seen the goals they conceded tonight, I don't think there's too much criticism to go his way. A cross which is over his head, he's blocked off by own his man and the last one the guy is just quicker than him and gets away. They were playing AC Milan, not exactly a team short on quality.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Duffy having another mare. Celtic fans on Twitter tearing into him ... turns out a back 3 doesn’t suit him, who knew

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Mind you with most of the players he comes up against north of the border, l thought he would be able to cope with it.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure what Celtic want - they play in a very inferior Scottish league, who would struggle in the PL. No disgrace then to lose to Milan.

The system doesn't suit Duffy, it doesn't seem to suit any of their defenders. First goal Duffy was in no mans land and seemed unsure who to pick up - but thats what you get when you ask a CH to do a job not suited. Thats poor management more than anything else.

2nd goal, again its complete confusion who takes the man. 3rd goal, yes he could have done better, wrong side, lack of pace.

I think Lennon was as much to blame as anyone. Then again, sometimes you just have to accept your limitations. We could have been talking about Celtic v anyone in PL

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Team goes 3 at the back.

Duffy doesn’t fit the system very well so happy to move on to another club who buys him.

Club who plays 442 buys him and then switch to 3 at the back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Duffy at fault for Aberdeen's second goal, tries to flick it back over his head rather than the easy passback option. Rangers fans loving this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BBC Sport: Aberdeen lead again after a blunder from Shane Duffy. The Celtic defender can only play an attempted clearance against Scott Wright, who runs on to feed Sam Cosgrove. With Kristoffer Ajer standing off, Cosgrove has time to turn and fire off a shot inside the box. Scott Bain makes the save but the ball pops up and bounces in off the knees of Ryan Hedges.

Willie Miller: It was a poor, poor goal for Celtic to give away. Shane Duffy down the left-hand side should be dealing with it much better, and then what is Ajer doing sitting off Sam Cosgrove? I can't believe that. No way is it handball, it's just tragic defending.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3-2 celtic, 2 goals in 2 mins. Duffy out of a hole.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The conclusion is - trust Potter, Webster is a better footballer than gung ho Duffy. :bowdown:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Square pegs round holes
Duffy is a 442 CB he attacks the ball his partner tidies up
Old school CB play to his strength s as CH did he s solid
Much like we seem to be seeing the real AJ now he s being played
Where he should be

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The conclusion is - trust Potter, Webster is a better footballer than gung ho Duffy. :bowdown:

Better footballer absolutely. However, I think with Duffy Everton don’t score two of the goals, Webster’s anticipation is generally excellent, but he and Ben White are very light physically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Square pegs round holes
Duffy is a 442 CB he attacks the ball his partner tidies up
Old school CB play to his strength s as CH did he s solid
Much like we seem to be seeing the real AJ now he s being played
Where he should be

Though AJ has yet to really ‘achieve’ consistently in the league. Played really well in the cup though, albeit against lower league opponents.

Seems such a decent person though, really hopes he gets a chance and does well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He's a better passer but not footballer. And Webster makes f ups and gives the ball away stupidly a fair bit

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Duffy getting absolute dogs abuse on social media from Celtic fans, from one of their own cloth is pretty poor to say the least. Thought Celtic were better than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here