PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There is an article online by Total Football Analysis about Adam Webster being of possible interest to Arsenal.
Google 'Total Football Analysis Adam Webster' and there is loads of it........a scout's perspective on his suitability to play in Arteta's team.
Makes interesting reading and would make some of the Webster haters choke on their proverbial cornflakes!:D

It wouldn’t surprise me. He’s a good player with a big future and much better than some of the ludicrous comments on here would have you believe.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It wouldn’t surprise me. He’s a good player with a big future and much better than some of the ludicrous comments on here would have you believe.

Then he needs to start demonstrating it. So far after a relatively promising start, he has been found out.

Basically, he doesn’t like being bullied (neither does Dunk, but to a lesser extent - see Mitrovic).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Clark isn’t even getting rave reviews at Derby. What makes you think he’s ready for the PL and better than Webster ?

Thought Clark was a strange signing at the time, still feel that way. Not sure he’s better than Webster.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Thought Clark was a strange signing at the time, still feel that way. Not sure he’s better than Webster.

Possibly a pure investment punt?

• Buy from League 1 for a small fee (believed to be less than £4M);
  • Loan out to Derby, who pay his wages and give him exposure at a higher level;
  • Sell on in a year or two as a seasoned Championship player for £10M+

I haven't seen him play much for Derby (and he's ben injured for several weeks) but I liked the look of him bombing forward in the pre-season match at Crawley Town - similar style to BDB (but 4 years younger!).

MJSowerby

Jan 23, 2020
Steyning
Maybe this is what @seagullwedgee was referring to?
01c56e48efe5bbfe12129225010ef1a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Then he needs to start demonstrating it. So far after a relatively promising start, he has been found out.

Basically, he doesn’t like being bullied (neither does Dunk, but to a lesser extent - see Mitrovic).

Odd thing to say

There are criticisms of big Shane which might have some merit, but getting bullied isn't the one I'd level. That said, you can't ignore the fact that there are some massive brutish strikers in the Premier League and from time to time, you might get a situation where one of them outmuscles our defenders. It's not realistic to expect them to win every single contest at this level. D&D give us the best chance we're going to have in these physical confrontations if you ask me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Which may be a blessing as nobody will loan him Shirley

I just had that thought as well.

Then I thought about it on the human level that he's just lost his best chance at first team selection in a while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here