Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm wondering if we have had a 5" 2 Chinese striker in for a medical and they have found he has the virus. He may now be quarantined at the Amex, hence the glow above the stadium at night...

Nice to see My foreign aid money being spent on something worthwhile for a change..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I read somewhere, probably in Penthouse magazine in the letters section...by Mrs HugeNorks, that antibiotics were becoming next to useless as they treat cattle and sheeps with the same ones as we are given when we need them, so if you are a carnivore, you are taking the antibiotics every time you eat a steak etc.

Mrs HugeNorks is correct, I think the use of antibiotics extends to Chicken farms too. Even worse is how we get our farmed Salmon, I would not recommend eating that more than once a month.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
China does tend to do things on a massive scale. Building two new hospitals that they hope will be operational in a few weeks. Mud to hospital in a matter of weeks. Amazing what they can do in such a small time period, when they set their mind to it. Lets hope they don't need them. Wouldn't happen here (or Germany).

Dec 29, 2011
On the news last night they said they are building a 1000 bed hospital from scratch to deal with it and it will open in 10 days time, incredible. They showed them clearing the land ready to start building

It's a pre-fab. Once the land is cleared you basically slot it together like building an IKEA table.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
still very impressive in that time scale to build and fit it out

Needs must when the devil drives, plus no namby pamby tree huggers to hold things up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Every death from this is a personal tragedy, nobody is just a number. But this is the third outbreak of a contagious killer virus this century. It may be that a naturally occuring virus will devastate the world population to a more viable level before we destroy the planet. According to Attenborough the world population has doubled in less than my lifetime i.e. 50 years. That can't continue.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Every death from this is a personal tragedy, nobody is just a number. But this is the third outbreak of a contagious killer virus this century. It may be that a naturally occuring virus will devastate the world population to a more viable level before we destroy the planet. According to Attenborough the world population has doubled in less than my lifetime i.e. 50 years. That can't continue.

Only because people are living longer due to better healthier conditions. The birth rate is actually falling in many western countries as women have careers instead of five children.

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
Only because people are living longer due to better healthier conditions. The birth rate is actually falling in many western countries as women have careers instead of five children.

Infertility has increased, with sperm counts halving in the last 40 years too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I believe that post WW2 the human race numbered around 2.5 billion, it is now nearer 8 (eight)! Glad I will be gone in thirty years or so, at least I hope so.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The world population rise has not exploded only because we are living longer There are other factors too. This is the usual denial logic of those who deny there is an issue at all with too many people, they attribute it solely on people getting older. Its nonsense to say that.

The birth rate might be falling in western countries but it is at a high enough level in non western countries to keep population rise on an upward trajectory.
So when talking about global population rise it is pointless simply looking at western birth rates and saying, oh that’s ok then. You have to look at the overall global picture, not our insular western viewpoint.

And the overall global picture isnt good, there are too many people. The rise is not sustainable. When people all around are saying there is not enough farmland for the global population, we need to cut down more forests to make farmland to produce goods, we should probably listen. When people all around are saying there is not enough developed land for the rising population, we need to rip up the farmland to house people, we should probably listen. When people are saying there are so many people now that eating meat and having so much land to produce meat is no longer sustainable, maybe we should recognise there are too many people. When cities become so large they run out of water, we should definitely listen. When we are destroying whole habits to mine precious materials so we can use a smart phone, and seeking new habits to destroy for the precious minerals, because there are so many people now it is necessary to destroy those habitats, you know people have stopped listening.

I wonder too when people are going to wake up and recognise the elephant in the room, that human induced climate change has a probable cause.

Its too many humans.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
corona.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The world population rise has not exploded only because we are living longer There are other factors too. This is the usual denial logic of those who deny there is an issue at all with too many people, they attribute it solely on people getting older. Its nonsense to say that.

The birth rate might be falling in western countries but it is at a high enough level in non western countries to keep population rise on an upward trajectory.
So when talking about global population rise it is pointless simply looking at western birth rates and saying, oh that’s ok then. You have to look at the overall global picture, not our insular western viewpoint.

And the overall global picture isnt good, there are too many people. The rise is not sustainable. When people all around are saying there is not enough farmland for the global population, we need to cut down more forests to make farmland to produce goods, we should probably listen. When people all around are saying there is not enough developed land for the rising population, we need to rip up the farmland to house people, we should probably listen. When people are saying there are so many people now that eating meat and having so much land to produce meat is no longer sustainable, maybe we should recognise there are too many people. When cities become so large they run out of water, we should definitely listen. When we are destroying whole habits to mine precious materials so we can use a smart phone, and seeking new habits to destroy for the precious minerals, because there are so many people now it is necessary to destroy those habitats, you know people have stopped listening.

I wonder too when people are going to wake up and recognise the elephant in the room, that human induced climate change has a probable cause.

Its too many humans.

I never defend TB normally, but you really are popping at the wrong person you know it all.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Very disappointing to read this. This is a forum for Albion fans, many of which whom reside overseas.

I'm a long time Albion fan based in China, and one of my friends family members has passed away from this virus.

Don't be such a PRICK.

I am sorry for your friends loss.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Its too many humans.

The population is expected to peak at below 11B by the end of this century, it's then expected to fall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here