Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:ffsparr: Why do I keep reading that the instructions to the public have been ‘vague’ or ‘confusing’.

You can go out and exercise when you want, do it in an open area and make sure to stay at least 2M away from anyone not from your household. Honestly, how is that vague or confusing? That in no way leads to the pictures we’ve seen of packed markets and playgrounds. Not at any stretch. ???

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
UK death toll up 54 today, so - like yesterday - not as bad as feared, and a growing possibility we might be ducking under the Italy/Spain trajectory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
deaths up 46 to 303

That’s England only, UK total - which is the usual figure - is 54.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
UK death toll up 54 today, so - like yesterday - not as bad as feared, and a growing possibility we might be ducking under the Italy/Spain trajectory.

Here’s hoping. Certainly a slower trajectory in last couple of days, and we won’t have seen any flattening from social distancing in these numbers yet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Let's hope so eh?

Here’s hoping. Certainly a slower trajectory in last couple of days, and we won’t have seen any flattening from social distancing in these numbers yet.

Which makes you wonder what it is caused by. Better treatment? Use of off-label drugs?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Interesting that it's been a bit lower than expected for a couple of days. Saturday we were exactly on Italy's figures at the same point so have to take a tiny bit of encouragement there

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No press conference today due to Cobra meeting but potential broadcast later today

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
2 days ago we were equal with Italy at a similar stage of the outbreak, 2 weeks behind them.

7th: Italy 233 deaths 21st: UK 233
8th: Italy 366 deaths 22nd: UK 281
9th: Italy 463 deaths 23rd: UK 335

It’s still not a a nice number, but at least it isn’t absolutely exploding yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's hope so eh?

Which makes you wonder what it is caused by. Better treatment? Use of off-label drugs?

So many potential factors. It may end up that Italy was unusually high compared to other European countries, due to a high average age, and the fact that - as the first in Europe to really see such a rise - they had less time to react/prepare. We have been lucky to see them ahead of us and react accordingly. Possibly.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
2 days ago we were equal with Italy at a similar stage of the outbreak, 2 weeks behind them.

7th: Italy 233 deaths 21st: UK 233
8th: Italy 366 deaths 22nd: UK 281
9th: Italy 463 deaths 23rd: UK 335

It’s still not a a nice number, but at least it isn’t absolutely exploding yet.

I was just trying to collate those numbers myself so.youve saved me the time. From that position on saturday I was seriously concerned at our trajectory

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When do we get Italy's numbers? Really want to see their death toll drop again today...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was just trying to collate those numbers myself so.youve saved me the time. From that position on saturday I was seriously concerned at our trajectory

What we don't know is if the number of cases is still rising sharply, and it's just the deaths that are not - which is very frustrating. I guess people working in hospitals would be able to give us a feel for this?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We are never going to have proper data on number of cases which will confuse matters somewhat. Dont know the answer to that without stronger testing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The emergenc legislation proposed had no clear detail of an enforced lock-down

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Could be a flawed one but my personal theory is once antibodies testing is done, it will be discovered a lot more people have had this virus without even knowing than many think.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Could be a flawed one but my personal theory is once antibodies testing is done, it will be discovered a lot more people have had this virus without even knowing than many think.

Think this is why they should ramp up this type of testing as this theory could be right

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Matt Handcock is basically our prime minister, Boris isn't intelligent enough or cares enough to know what to do in times of crisis.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here