Page 1397 of 1456 FirstFirst ... 397897129713471387139413951396139713981399140014071447 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,970 of 14553
  1. #13961
    Members The Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West is BEST
    Posts
    13,627


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure what you are asking. We need to do all we can to minimise avoidable deaths.

    My belief in a nutshell is that we should absolutely not be priorising the fight against coronavirus above everything else, such as the economy, mental health and the wide range of NHS treatments & diagnoses.

    I believe that the mistake we ARE making and are likely to continue to make is exactly that. I believe it will indirectly lead to millions of ruined lives & tens of thousands of lost lives. Or more, over the next decade. Literally.
    You are right. Many people don't want to face the facts you have outlined in your unpopular but accurate post. Far too much emphasis is put on battling Covid while untold numbers of people will be facing undiagnosed cancers and other life threatening illness. Many of whom will die alone, undiagnosed, in great pain.

    Long after the covid outbreak is a half forgotten blur of zoom meetings, pot bashing and toilet paper shortages, people will be dealing with preventable consequences. Of course, I mean no disrespect to those who have lost loved ones to covid, they shall not be forgotten. I speak of the VAST majority of people that have not lost loved ones to covid. But who may lose loved ones because of the over-reaction to covid.
    The Clamp; the stink of excellence in a world gone tits up.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #13962
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      39,332


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Nope, I don’t - I’ve not said anything should be open 100 percent - I think we had it right in the summer and we should have seen if the cases calmed down before panicking into another lockdown - cases are already looking like they are decreasing in areas before lockdown x 2.
      But it ended up being not right by the end of August, all of September and counting. The runaway train of exponential growth in CV19 cases in the UK had begun. Translating into rapidly rising fatalities by late September.

      At that point, only state or regional intervention can alter the trajectory and save lives.

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0ECEAA02-9F02-479A-867D-262E578F00FA.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	129711
      Last edited by Weststander; 23-10-2020 at 22:02.
      Currently hooked to this track https://youtu.be/phL6fDiYNJk
    • #13963
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      47,389


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are right. Many people don't want to face the facts you have outlined in your unpopular but accurate post. Far too much emphasis is put on battling Covid while untold numbers of people will be facing undiagnosed cancers and other life threatening illness. Many of whom will die alone, undiagnosed, in great pain.
      With respect - and we all know where that leads when someone says that - that's nonsense.

      What I believe is relatively simple:

      1. All those with health concerns deserve to get the treatment they need and deserve in a timely manner. For the avoidance of doubt, that's those who suffer acute symptoms from Covid-19, those who have a new or existing cancer diagnosis, those with mental health problems and more besides.

      2. The very best chance of everyone receiving the healthcare they deserve is for Covid-19 infection rates to remain low. It removes a massive headache from the NHS, and means there is less contention for their finite resources.

      3. There is no route from where we are that is painless somewhere. Balancing healthcare for Covid-19 patients, healthcare for those with all manner of other ailments and the widespread economic impacts of dealing with this is difficult. Unfortunately there is going to be pain - it's just unavoidable. We have to try the very best we can to minimise that pain and support those who are impacted. But it's not ****ing easy.

      4. Saying "**** it, let's just get back to normal now" is a fast-track to disaster on all fronts. Health services will quickly become overwhelmed with sick people, whilst simultaneously losing large numbers of staff who also become ill and, in some cases, die. With the health services overwhelmed, many of those who require healthcare for other issues will miss out - there aren't enough resources to go round. Economic impact are huge - lots of people are sick, lots are dying. Additionally, many of those who are OK all but lock themselves away. If catching the virus could mean you need medical help that can't be provided then you will do your utmost to minimise the chances of catching the virus. At this point the government would have no choice but to impose a full lockdown - people would be demanding it.

      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Long after the covid outbreak is a half forgotten blur of zoom meetings, pot bashing and toilet paper shortages, people will be dealing with preventable consequences. Of course, I mean no disrespect to those who have lost loved ones to covid, they shall not be forgotten. I speak of the VAST majority of people that have not lost loved ones to covid. But who may lose loved ones because of the over-reaction to covid.
      Over-reaction? What do you think we should be doing right now? And, play along with me please, whatever you propose - what would you then do if it didn't work out and hospitals were swamped denying care to all those you, and I, wish to see helped.
    • #13964
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      13,627


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With respect - and we all know where that leads when someone says that - that's nonsense.

      What I believe is relatively simple:

      1. All those with health concerns deserve to get the treatment they need and deserve in a timely manner. For the avoidance of doubt, that's those who suffer acute symptoms from Covid-19, those who have a new or existing cancer diagnosis, those with mental health problems and more besides.

      2. The very best chance of everyone receiving the healthcare they deserve is for Covid-19 infection rates to remain low. It removes a massive headache from the NHS, and means there is less contention for their finite resources.

      3. There is no route from where we are that is painless somewhere. Balancing healthcare for Covid-19 patients, healthcare for those with all manner of other ailments and the widespread economic impacts of dealing with this is difficult. Unfortunately there is going to be pain - it's just unavoidable. We have to try the very best we can to minimise that pain and support those who are impacted. But it's not ****ing easy.

      4. Saying "**** it, let's just get back to normal now" is a fast-track to disaster on all fronts. Health services will quickly become overwhelmed with sick people, whilst simultaneously losing large numbers of staff who also become ill and, in some cases, die. With the health services overwhelmed, many of those who require healthcare for other issues will miss out - there aren't enough resources to go round. Economic impact are huge - lots of people are sick, lots are dying. Additionally, many of those who are OK all but lock themselves away. If catching the virus could mean you need medical help that can't be provided then you will do your utmost to minimise the chances of catching the virus. At this point the government would have no choice but to impose a full lockdown - people would be demanding it.



      Over-reaction? What do you think we should be doing right now? And, play along with me please, whatever you propose - what would you then do if it didn't work out and hospitals were swamped denying care to all those you, and I, wish to see helped.
      Iím very open to the idea I could be very wrong. Which is why I follow all the instructions and restrictions and always wear a mask in public and at work.
      The Clamp; the stink of excellence in a world gone tits up.
    • #13965
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      35,269


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The excess death figure will provides a reasonable estimate of this.
      Possibly ..but I’d hazard a guess that it’s not the current one ...but those in the future as a result of actions taken now.
    • #13966
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      13,539


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by e77 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed, I imagine the people who died from it and their families found it very inconvenient.

      the 90 % , low risk punters who are under lockdown around the globe are also under some inconvenience wouldn't you say .....??
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #13967
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      13,539


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are right. Many people don't want to face the facts you have outlined in your unpopular but accurate post. Far too much emphasis is put on battling Covid while untold numbers of people will be facing undiagnosed cancers and other life threatening illness. Many of whom will die alone, undiagnosed, in great pain.

      Long after the covid outbreak is a half forgotten blur of zoom meetings, pot bashing and toilet paper shortages, people will be dealing with preventable consequences. Of course, I mean no disrespect to those who have lost loved ones to covid, they shall not be forgotten. I speak of the VAST majority of people that have not lost loved ones to covid. But who may lose loved ones because of the over-reaction to covid.
      we are on the same page here......this is ruining the world , it's funny how there was a growing wave of dissent around the planet re politicians , royalty, immigration , the money paid to and spent by politicians , protests in HK , Thailand , Ukraine ,India, Venezuela, South Africa, Belarus , Poland to name a few ....lo and behold along comes a "bona fide" pandemic to bring about a global shut down and like i said elsewhere , politicians globally have showed that they are by and large winging it ....!! in my opinion of course.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #13968
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      13,539


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Nope, I donít - Iíve not said anything should be open 100 percent - I think we had it right in the summer and we should have seen if the cases calmed down before panicking into another lockdown - cases are already looking like they are decreasing in areas before lockdown x 2.

      Before you even look at the economy, there is no balance between other illnesses/deaths and covid - The NHS is semi closed.

      Wales and Scotland have completely shit the bed and the reactions in those areas are way ott

      Every decision the Gov has made or not made has made the situation worse - only today they are talking about stopping people working in more than one care home because of spread of infection

      30 percent of outbreaks are in care homes - check the average age of the deaths and you can see the knock on that affect is having.

      We are again targeting the wrong areas, it doesnít take a track and trace system to see that.
      people are catching on .....slowly.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #13969
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      13,627


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      we are on the same page here......this is ruining the world , it's funny how there was a growing wave of dissent around the planet re politicians , royalty, immigration , the money paid to and spent by politicians , protests in HK , Thailand , Ukraine ,India, Venezuela, South Africa, Belarus , Poland to name a few ....lo and behold along comes a "bona fide" pandemic to bring about a global shut down and like i said elsewhere , politicians globally have showed that they are by and large winging it ....!! in my opinion of course.
      My suspicion is in about five years time we will look back on all this as an overreaction and realise it would have run it’s course whatever we did .I don’t believe the NHS was ever in danger of being overrun. Nightingale hospitals stood empty and unused etc.
      I realise this is not a popular opinion and expect a roasting for it but something about this whole mess does not add up. I’m not really buying it anymore.
      The Clamp; the stink of excellence in a world gone tits up.
    • #13970
      Members Perfidious Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      At the end of my tether
      Posts
      3,736


      1 Not allowed!
      The media are to blame for focussing on the closure of pubs and the people moaning about the Government .
      Instead they should be telling of the thousands admitted to hospital with Covid and the hundreds dying all the time with it.
      They seem determined to make this political. What do they want? Freedom to please themselves? Then they would slam Boris for inactivity.
      Show us hospitals....interview the bereaved.That is the real story....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •