Page 1712 of 1836 FirstFirst ... 71212121612166217021709171017111712171317141715172217621812 ... LastLast
Results 17,111 to 17,120 of 18360
  1. #17111
    Members Weststander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Withdean area
    Posts
    44,860


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndhurst 14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it's very difficult not to start profiling by the number of rednecks and churches in those States
    Are all the Manhattan hotels and theatres now open?

    We were booked (a holiday of a lifetime for my teenage kids) for July 20, but the pandemic put paid to that.

    Then for 4 weeks time, so obviously not happening.

    US administrations have an insular, circle the wagons, reaction to any global event. Biden even now seems very averse to allowing even vaccinated tourists in. Our loss .

    Any ideas when that might realistically change?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #17112
      Living the dream Lyndhurst 14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Upper East Side, New York City
      Posts
      4,395


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are all the Manhattan hotels and theatres now open?

      We were booked (a holiday of a lifetime for my teenage kids) for July 20, but the pandemic put paid to that.

      Then for 4 weeks time, so obviously not happening.

      US administrations have an insular, circle the wagons, reaction to any global event. Biden even now seems very averse to allowing even vaccinated tourists in. Our loss .

      Any ideas when that might realistically change?
      Most major theaters are due to open September 14, with some of the smaller off Broadway venues opening a bit before. News reports were saying theaters are typically nervous about opening new shows at the best of times, throw in Covid and reopening after being shut for well over a year and producers want a little more time for rehearsals and getting people used to big crowds around Times Square. Hotels are operating as 'normal' but I don't know what their individual restrictions and quarantine periods are for visitors

      As of about a week ago travel from the UK was not permitted, there are flights but they are for US citizens and Permanent residents. This is pretty fluid but as you say I think the US will be very conservative about letting people in even if vaccinated so really not sure when this will change. I don't think that Boris' constant yo-yoing on opening dates etc is exactly helping matters
      "It's all bullshit folks, and it's bad for you" George Carlin
    • #17113
      Tyson Gay crodonilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2005
      Location
      Lyme Regis
      Posts
      11,575


      0 Not allowed!
      What chances full audiences for the opening weekend of EPL fixtures?? Slim? Looking positive at least for more than the 25% audiences at most Euro venues, but feel the most sensible move would be a requirement for face masks and proof of vaccination or negative test to attend games.
      Hands, face, space and fresh air....lets take this next step together safely
    • #17114
      Im The Scatman
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      hassocks
      Posts
      53,519


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What chances full audiences for the opening weekend of EPL fixtures?? Slim? Looking positive at least for more than the 25% audiences at most Euro venues, but feel the most sensible move would be a requirement for face masks and proof of vaccination or negative test to attend games.
      Personally I think they should only let those in that have had a third booster jab and wearing two face masks (following the science) with at least 20 seats between each person.

      Children under the age of 18 shouldnt be allowed in at all as they wont be jabbed and all staff should be sacked unless they have mandatory jabs.

      However we will be entering winter restrictions shortly after so it might not even be worth opening it at all.
    • #17115
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      36,685


      0 Not allowed!
      Looks as though travel may start to open up again soon - plans being considered for the ‘double jabbed’ to be able to avoid quarantine on return, essentially meaning amber countries become green for those who have been fully vaccinated
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #17116
      Members Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      54,111


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Looks as though travel may start to open up again soon - plans being considered for the ‘double jabbed’ to be able to avoid quarantine on return, essentially meaning amber countries become green for those who have been fully vaccinated
      The cost of PCR tests are far too high at present. £57 each for departure but £146 each on return. That's for double jabbed people.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
    • #17117
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      36,685


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The cost of PCR tests are far too high at present. £57 each for departure but £146 each on return. That's for double jabbed people.
      Agree but enough will still pay it.....................
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #17118
      Im The Scatman
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      hassocks
      Posts
      53,519


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The cost of PCR tests are far too high at present. £57 each for departure but £146 each on return. That's for double jabbed people.
      It will be fazed out
    • #17119
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      38,121


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Looks as though travel may start to open up again soon - plans being considered for the ‘double jabbed’ to be able to avoid quarantine on return, essentially meaning amber countries become green for those who have been fully vaccinated
      Saw the DT posting about it last night ...how the rest of Europe was marching on without us ...”plans are at an early stage”
    • #17120
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      38,121


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Personally I think they should only let those in that have had a third booster jab and wearing two face masks (following the science) with at least 20 seats between each person.

      Children under the age of 18 shouldnt be allowed in at all as they wont be jabbed and all staff should be sacked unless they have mandatory jabs.

      However we will be entering winter restrictions shortly after so it might not even be worth opening it at all.
      Oh come on....six masks at least!

      On a serious note nearly two months before PL starts...so gawd knows

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •